become an editor
the entire directory
only in Malaria/Research
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Malaria: Research
AnoBase: The Anopheles Database
- Database containing genomic/biological information on anopheline mosquitoes, with an emphasis on Anopheles gambiae, the world's most important malaria vector. AnoBase is the continuation of AnoDB, a database established and maintained since 1996 at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB) of the Foundation of Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
Antimalarial Drug Resistance and its Assessment
- A website dedicated to drug resistance in malaria and to drug sensitivity assays. Its aim is to provide researchers with all information and software required for drug sensitivity testing.
Leiden Malaria Research Group
- Malaria research in the Leiden University Medical Center (Netherlands). Detailed description of the malarial parasite of rodents, Plasmodium berghei, which is used as a model for human malaria infections.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Malaria Centre
- The LSHTM Malaria Centre facilitates malaria research both in the School and in malaria endemic areas, offers training in various aspects of malaria research and control and contributes to global efforts to control malaria infection.
MAP: Malaria Atlas Project
- Database of information based on medical intelligence and satellite-derived climate data, and an archive of community-based estimates of parasite prevalence.
MARA/AMRA Project Home Page
- Mapping malaria risk in Africa.
Malaria Institute at Macha
- MIAM is a nonprofit institute researching methods of malaria prevention and control in collaboration with several schools of public health. Primary field sites are located in Zambia, southern Africa.
- Elsevier’s global malaria resource with the latest articles published in parasitology, entomology and tropical medicine journals and interviews with researchers.
Malaria Research Resources
- Communications working group of the Multilateral Initiative on Malaria, from the National Library of Medicine aimed at helping Malaria prevention efforts by African scientists.
Malaria Research and Reference Reagent Resource Center (MR4)
- Provides a central source of quality controlled malaria-related reagents and information to the international malaria research community.
Malaria Vaccine Initiative
- MVI's mission is to accelerate the development of promising malaria vaccine candidates and ensure their availability and accessibility for the developing world.
Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)
- MMV is a nonprofit foundation created to discover, develop and deliver new, affordable antimalarial drugs through effective public-private partnerships.
National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR)
- Formerly known as 'Malaria Research Centre', NIMR was setup by the Indian Council of Medical Research to promote malaria prevention and control research.
Relapsing Malaria Infection Acquired in Kenya
- Paper describing a patient presenting with cerebral malaria who was treated with primaquine therapy and who later relapsed with Plasmodium ovale infection. Includes discussion of the treatment of chloroquine-resistant malaria and the difficulty in diagnosing P. ovale infections.
Shoklo Malaria Research Unit
- Malaria research along the Thai-Burmese border. Includes location, publications, malaria task force, and photograph album.
- Provides information on the research being undertaken into this disease and its vectors.
The Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
- Outlines current research into a vaccine, with background details of the disease, FAQ, and details of other research projects.
WHO/TDR Malaria Database
- Resources for scientists doing malaria research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:43:06 PM EST -