become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parasitic/Malaria
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Malaria
Control and Prevention
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
Health: Public Health and Safety: Epidemiology: Infectious Diseases
Recreation: Travel: Preparation: Health
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Diptera: Culicidae
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Protista: Apicomplexa
This category in other languages:
Africa Malaria Day
- Commemorated on 25th April every year. Presents details of planned events and co-ordination efforts, with campaign materials and reviews of previous years.
Airport Malaria : Jet-Setting Mosquitos Spread Disease
- Since 1977, when the disease was first documented, 75 cases of airport malaria have been observed in western Europe. People may be infected by the bite of an anopheles mosquito during a flight or stopover, or while opening containers or luggage all over the airport area. People who live near an airport or whose road transport brings them into the vicinity may also be affected. [PDF]
The Carter Center: Malaria Control Program
- Provides information on this disease and the program for its elimination being undertaken.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Malaria
- Presents an in-depth look at malaria.
eMedicine Health - Malaria
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of this infection of the blood.
FacetoFace Health: Malaria Support Group
- Provides information and advice for those who have been diagnosed with malaria and their families.
Guardian: Africa's Economic Problems have a Medical Solution
- Explains the link between disease burden and economic development, focusing on malaria.
History of the Discovery of the Malaria Parasites and Their Vectors
- Article by Francis E G Cox tracing the story of malaria parasites and their mosquito vectors from the first discovery of the parasites in 1880 to the present time.
HPA: Malaria Reference Laboratory
- Guidelines for travellers for protection against malaria. From the UK Health Protection Agency, a non-departmental public body.
Malaria and Health
- A resource for travel medicine health professionals and the public. Provides an overview of the disease, endemic areas, prevention measures including drug prophylaxis as well as links to other malaria and tropical medicine sites.
- Provides information on malaria and its prevention and general travel health advice. Includes short videos with the experiences of a number of travellers.
Malaria Web Site
- This site provides information on history, pathology, clinical features, diagnosis, treatment, complications and control of malaria.
Media Materials Clearing House Malaria Communications
- Malaria health promotion tools provided by health professionals for journalists and the media.
- US National Institutes of Health directory of their collection of malaria-related documents
NHS Choices: Malaria
- Provides information on this tropical disease. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, complications. antimalarials and prevention.
Roll Back Malaria Zambezi Expedition
- Journey undertaken in 2008 to rally political support for the fight against malaria and demonstrate the need for coordinated cross-border action in Angola, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
Ronald Ross and the Transmission of Malaria
- An article pertaining to Ronald Ross, who in 1897 discovered malarial parasites in mosquitoes.
- Information on this vector-borne disease, review articles, news items, editorial opinions, research articles and reports.
Wikipedia - Malaria
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the disease and its impacts, treatment, prevention and control.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:51:14 AM EDT -