become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parasitic/Leishmaniasis
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
This category in other languages:
CDC DPDx - Leishmaniasis
- Includes causal agent, life cycle, geographic distribution, clinical features, laboratory diagnosis and features. From the US Government Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Parasitic Diseases.
CDC Travelers' Health: Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
- Advice for travelers on this skin infection including mode of transmission, occurrence, clinical signs, diagnosis, treatment, and the preventative measures that can be taken.
CDC Travelers' Health: Visceral Leishmaniasis
- Advice for travelers on this infection including mode of transmission, occurrence, clinical presentation, diagnosis, treatment and the preventative measures that can be taken.
CDC: Leishmania Infection (Leishmaniasis)
- Fact sheet, advice for professionals and travelers, and weekly incidence reports. From the US Government Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Doctors Without Borders: Kala Azar
- Basic information about the disease and the group's treatment programs in East African countries including Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda.
eMedicine - Leishmaniasis
- Includes an introduction to the disease plus sections on clinical, differentials, workup, treatment, medication, follow-up, miscellaneous, pictures, test questions and bibliography.
- Provides an overview of this zoonotic infection caused by protozoa that belong to the genus Leishmania, its epidemiology, pathophysiology, frequency and clinical details.
ICT-TROP - Parasitology BIOL 2272: The Leishmaniases
- Summary information plus clickable slides, references and world maps. From Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Research Unit for Tropical Diseases.
Leishmania Surveillance in the Neapolitan
- Information on a study of this disease in dogs in the United States, with instructions to dog owners on sending samples. [PDF]
Leishmaniasis Research Society (India)
- Organization dedicated to research on this disease, the unravelling of its genome, the development of new treatments, the spread of information and the distribution of drugs.
Masoud Akhtar - Visceral Leishmaniasis
- Introduction, morphology, transmission, immunology, and treatment. From a B.Sc Applied Biology course project by a student at the University of East London.
MedlinePlus - Leishmaniasis
- Directory of news, articles and factsheets.
- Description and significance, genome structure, cell structure, metabolism and ecology.
Oklahoma State University: Leishmaniasis
- Basic information about leishmaniasis in canines and humans from the OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences.
Third Cost B9 Congress
- Seminars on trypanosomiasis and leishmaniasis held in Bruges, Belgium on 29-31 May 2000. Sponsored by European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research (COST).
Visceral Leishmaniasis: Cytological Alterations that Occur in the Bone Marrow Parenchima
- Paper by Nivaldo Madeiros who studied 100 patients with visceral leishmaniasis whose bone marrow aspirate analysis disclosed the protozoan, Leishmania donovani.
WHO - Leishmaniasis
- Provides information on the disease and its impact, surveillance and control, epidemic response, research, fact sheets, information resources and publications. From the World Health Organization.
WHO/TDR - Leishmaniasis
- Provides news, project reports, highlights, progress, publications, workplans, research grants and resources. From the World Health Organization, Tropical Disease Research and Training.
Wikipedia - Leishmaniasis
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the parasitic disease and its treatment.
The Lancet: Advances in Leishmaniasis
- Article by Dr Henry W Murray MD, Jonathan D Berman MD, Clive R Davies PhD and Nancy G Saravia PhD. (October 29, 2005)
Journal of Immunology - Immunization Against Visceral Leishmaniasis
- Simona Stäger, Deborah F. Smith and Paul M. Kaye. Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK. (December 15, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 26, 2015 at 16:35:04 UTC -