become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parasitic/African_Trypanosomiasis
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: African Trypanosomiasis
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
This category in other languages:
- Information about the East African and West African forms of Trypanosomiasis from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Development of Drugs for Treatment of Sleeping Sickness: A Historical Review
- Article by Dietmar Steverding outlining the development of anti-sleeping sickness drugs from the discovery of the first bioactive lead compounds to the identification of more modern chemotherapeutic agents.
eMedicine - African Trypanosomiasis (Sleeping Sickness)
- Article by Kitonga P Kiminyo, MD.
Medical Ecology: African Trypanosomiasis
- Chapter from a book on parasitic diseases with detailed information on the vector, the human disease and its prevention through control of tsetse flies.
- Classification, description and significance, genome structure, cell structure, metabolism and ecology.
Médecins Sans Frontières: Sleeping Sickness
- News items on this disease of Sub-Saharan Africa.
Parasites & Vectors: The History of African Trypanosomiasis
- Article by Dietmar Steverding summarising the history of this disease from prehistory to current developments, including the factors that determine its control, emergence and spread.
Programme Against African Trypanosomiasis (PAAT)
- Combines forces of FAO, IAEA, WHO, AU/IBAR and other relevant stakeholders concerned with the tsetse and trypanosomiasis problem. Includes disease information and maps.
TropIKA: African Trypanosomiasis
- Information on this disease, review articles, news items, research articles and reports.
WHO: African Trypanosomiasis
- Detailed information from the World Health Organization.
World Health Organization: African Trypanosomiasis
- Fact sheets, research progress, and information about WHO efforts to control this deadly sleeping sickness, which is transmitted to humans by tsetse flies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, September 7, 2012 11:35:30 AM EDT -