the entire directory
only in Infectious_Diseases/Parasitic
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic
Ticks and Mites
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Nematoda
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Protista: Sarcomastigophora
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Parasitology
This category in other languages:
- NORD fact sheet about this rare tropical infectious disease offers alternative names, a general discussion, and resources.
BadBugs: Dientamoeba fragilis and Blastocystis hominis
- A patient describes her own story and provides information on a number of intestinal parasites, their diagnosis, symptoms, treatment and medical management.
- Dedicated to finding effective solutions for bird mite infestation of humans and their environment. Includes a FAQs, strategies, research and a forum.
Blood and Tissue Protozoa
- Provides information on the pathogenic protozoa that can be found in the blood and tissues of humans, in each case providing the identity of the organism, the vector and details of the disease caused. [PDF]
CDC DPDx - Parasites and Health
- Factsheets on intestinal and blood-borne parasites.
CDC DPDx: Cystoisosporiasis
- Factsheet with causal agents, life cycle, geographic distribution, clinical features, laboratory diagnosis and treatment.
CDC: Body Lice Fact Sheet
- Includes insect information, symptoms, and treatment.
CDC: Dientamoeba fragilis Infection
- Includes factsheets on the flagellate protozoan parasite and the disease it causes, news releases, and reports.
- Includes factsheets on head, body, and pubic lice and the conditions they cause, news releases, and reports.
Ectoparasites and Endoparasites
- Academic links and information about Fasciola (liver flukes) and parasitic zoonoses.
eMedicine - Balantidiasis : Article by Valda M Chijide, MD
- Balantidium coli is a ciliated protozoan, and it is also the largest human protozoan. It is known to parasitize the colon.
eMedicine - Intestinal Protozoal Diseases
- Article by Enrique Chacon-Cruz, MD.
eMedicine - Isosporiasis
- Article by Venkat R Minnaganti, MD.
eMedicine - Lice
- Article by Wayne Wolfram, MD, MPH.
eMedicine - Sarcosporidiosis : Article by Raphael J Kiel, MD
- Sarcosporidiosis (Sarcocystis infection) is caused by an intracellular protozoan parasite that predominantly affects animals. It can rarely be found in human skeletal and cardiac muscle when humans are the intermediate or accidental host. Humans can also serve as the definitive host for this parasite after ingesting the cysts in raw or undercooked beef or pork.
- Addresses the biology, infections, disease and control of filariasis, onchocerciasis, and guinea worm.
- Information about African trypanosomiasis, Chagas disease and leishmaniasis, their causative agents, life cycle, disease manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and control.
MedlinePlus: Parasitic Diseases
- Directory of factsheets, press releases, and articles.
Netherlands Society for Parasitology
- Provide general information about the organization, and information on Dutch activities related to parasitic diseases of humans and animals.
NHS Choices: Pubic Lice
- Provides information on these skin parasites. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Parasites & Vectors
- Open access, peer-reviewed electronic journal dealing with the biology of parasites, parasitic diseases, intermediate hosts, vectors and vector-borne pathogens.
- Provides information on the research being undertaken into diseases caused by parasitic tapeworms, roundworms and flukes.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 28, 2013 at 16:16:30 UTC -