become an editor
the entire directory
only in Staphylococcal/MRSA
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Patient Safety
CDC/NIOSH: MRSA and the Workplace
- Factsheet with prevention measures and disease information.
CDC: MRSA - Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Fact sheets for patients and healthcare personnel about MRSA. Also general information on laboratory detection as well as non-hospital healthcare settings.
CDC: MRSA in Schools
- Factsheet with disease information and prevention methods.
CDC: Vancomycin-Intermediate/Resistant Stapylococcus aureus
- Fact sheet on an antibiotic resistant strain of staph.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts Antibiotic Resistance and MRSA
- Includes information for healthcare providers, teachers, corrections professionals, coaches, athletic directors, and others. [PDF]
DermNet NZ: MRSA
- Facts about the disease from the New Zealand Dermatological Society.
Electronic Collection Virtual Collection of Monographs and Periodicals
- The evolution of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus in Canadian hospitals. 5 yrs of national surveillance. In French and English. [PDF]
Fight Staph Infections, Inc.
- A personal sufferer describes her experiences and provides information about the dangers of staph infections, including MRSA, and how to prevent them.
Health Protection Agency
- Factsheet from the UK agency.
Living with MRSA
- Includes factsheet with illustrations from the Tacoma-Pierce County, Washington Health Department. [PDF]
Mayo Clinic: MRSA Infection
- Overview of the symptoms, causes, and treatment of this virulent staph infection.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: MRSA Infection
- Includes cause, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
- Features news, links to related resources, articles, and research.
Minnesota Dept. of Health: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Disease statistics and basics, plus information for schools, health professionals, correctional facilities, and athletic programs.
MRSA Action UK
- Organization with the purpose to raise public awareness about the disease and influence the government and healthcare sectors. Includes news, forum, weblog, newsletter, memorials, and disease information.
MRSA Survivors Network
- Features survivor's stories, advocacy work, disease information, and factsheets.
- Features news, disease information, and links to related resources.
New York State Department of Health: MRSA
- Factsheets, alerts and advisories, press releases, eduactional material, and resources.
NHS Choices: MRSA Infection
- Factsheet with cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
NIAID, NIH: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Includes symptoms, cause, news, research, transmission, treatment, and prevention.
North Carolina Public Health: What is Community-Associated MRSA
- Series of factsheets about the disease.
Patient UK: MRSA
- Factsheet on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus which causes an infection that mainly occurs in people who are already ill in hospital.
- Signs, symptoms, and photographs of the disease.
Texas Department of State Health Services: MRSA
- Series of factsheets and presentations about the disease in several different environments.
Topix: MRSA News
- Headline links from media sources worldwide.
Wikipedia: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Encyclopedia article with history, symptoms and signs, treatment, and prevention.
JAMA: MRSA Infections
- Article with facts about the disease in the Journal of the American Medical Association. (October 17, 2007)
BBC News: Quick Guide: MRSA
- Concise factsheet on this disease, its transmission, the UK death rate and how the NHS is combating the infection. (July 24, 2006)
Topix: MRSA News
- Headline news about the disease. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2015 at 13:24:11 UTC -