become an editor
the entire directory
only in Staphylococcal/MRSA
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial: Staphylococcal: MRSA
Health: Public Health and Safety: Patient Safety
- Factsheet on methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus, its symptoms, causes, complications, diagnosis and treatment.
CBC News In Depth: Hospital infections
- Information about MRSA, VRE and ESBL bacteria from the Canadian broadcast company.
CDC/NIOSH: MRSA and the Workplace
- Factsheet with prevention measures and disease information.
CDC: MRSA in Schools
- Factsheet with disease information and prevention methods.
DermNet NZ: MRSA
- Facts about the disease from the New Zealand Dermatological Society.
- Provides information on how to avoid infection with MRSA and on some natural remedies that have been found to combat the bug in scientific studies.
Fight Staph Infections, Inc.
- A personal sufferer describes her experiences and provides information about the dangers of staph infections, including MRSA, and how to prevent them.
Guidelines for the Control of MRSA
- Full version provided online by The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology.
Health Protection Agency
- Factsheet from the UK agency.
Living with MRSA
- Includes factsheet with illustrations from the Tacoma-Pierce County, Washington Health Department. [PDF]
MRSA Action UK
- Organization with the purpose to raise public awareness about the disease and influence the government and healthcare sectors. Includes news, forum, weblog, newsletter, memorials, and disease information.
- Weblog with recent news about the disease and outbreaks.
- Produced by survivors of the disease. Includes personal stories, forum, links, disease information, and factsheets.
MRSA Survivors Network
- Features survivor's stories, advocacy work, disease information, and factsheets.
- Features news, disease information, and links to related resources.
MRSA and Families Network
- Irish organization. Includes contacts, links, disease information, and news.
Mayo Clinic: MRSA Infection
- Overview of the symptoms, causes, and treatment of this virulent staph infection.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: MRSA Infection
- Includes cause, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
- Features news, links to related resources, articles, and research.
Minnesota Dept. of Health: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Disease statistics and basics, plus information for schools, health professionals, correctional facilities, and athletic programs.
NHS Choices: MRSA Infection
- Factsheet with cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
NIAID, NIH: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Includes symptoms, cause, news, research, transmission, treatment, and prevention.
New York State Department of Health: MRSA
- Factsheets, alerts and advisories, press releases, eduactional material, and resources.
North Carolina Public Health: What is Community-Associated MRSA
- Series of factsheets about the disease.
Patient UK: MRSA
- Factsheet on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus which causes an infection that mainly occurs in people who are already ill in hospital.
Rhoda’s MRSA Story
- Features a weblog containing information and news about MRSA and CA MRSA, written by the mother of a victim.
- Signs, symptoms, and photographs of the disease.
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services: MRSA
- Outbreak prevention, risk factors and handling MRSA carriers.
Texas Department of State Health Services: MRSA
- Series of factsheets and presentations about the disease in several different environments.
Topix: MRSA News
- Headline links from media sources worldwide.
Wikipedia: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Encyclopedia article with history, symptoms and signs, treatment, and prevention.
JAMA: MRSA Infections
- Article with facts about the disease in the Journal of the American Medical Association. (October 17, 2007)
BBC News: Quick Guide: MRSA
- Concise factsheet on this disease, its transmission, the UK death rate and how the NHS is combating the infection. (July 24, 2006)
Topix: MRSA News
- Headline news about the disease. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 17, 2012 8:48:45 PM EST -