become an editor
the entire directory
only in Staphylococcal/MRSA
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Patient Safety
- Factsheet on methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus, its symptoms, causes, complications, diagnosis and treatment.
CDC/NIOSH: MRSA and the Workplace
- Factsheet with prevention measures and disease information.
CDC: MRSA - Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Fact sheets for patients and healthcare personnel about MRSA. Also general information on laboratory detection as well as non-hospital healthcare settings.
CDC: MRSA in Schools
- Factsheet with disease information and prevention methods.
CDC: Vancomycin-Intermediate/Resistant Stapylococcus aureus
- Fact sheet on an antibiotic resistant strain of staph.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts Antibiotic Resistance and MRSA
- Includes information for healthcare providers, teachers, corrections professionals, coaches, athletic directors, and others. [PDF]
DermNet NZ: MRSA
- Facts about the disease from the New Zealand Dermatological Society.
Electronic Collection Virtual Collection of Monographs and Periodicals
- The evolution of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus in Canadian hospitals. 5 yrs of national surveillance. In French and English. [PDF]
Fight Staph Infections, Inc.
- A personal sufferer describes her experiences and provides information about the dangers of staph infections, including MRSA, and how to prevent them.
Guidelines for the Control of MRSA
- Full version provided online by The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology.
Health Protection Agency
- Factsheet from the UK agency.
Living with MRSA
- Includes factsheet with illustrations from the Tacoma-Pierce County, Washington Health Department. [PDF]
Mayo Clinic: MRSA Infection
- Overview of the symptoms, causes, and treatment of this virulent staph infection.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: MRSA Infection
- Includes cause, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
- Features news, links to related resources, articles, and research.
Minnesota Dept. of Health: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Disease statistics and basics, plus information for schools, health professionals, correctional facilities, and athletic programs.
MRSA Action UK
- Organization with the purpose to raise public awareness about the disease and influence the government and healthcare sectors. Includes news, forum, weblog, newsletter, memorials, and disease information.
MRSA and Families Network
- Irish organization. Includes contacts, links, disease information, and news.
- Weblog with recent news about the disease and outbreaks.
MRSA Survivors Network
- Features survivor's stories, advocacy work, disease information, and factsheets.
- Features news, disease information, and links to related resources.
New York State Department of Health: MRSA
- Factsheets, alerts and advisories, press releases, eduactional material, and resources.
NHS Choices: MRSA Infection
- Factsheet with cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
NIAID, NIH: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Includes symptoms, cause, news, research, transmission, treatment, and prevention.
North Carolina Public Health: What is Community-Associated MRSA
- Series of factsheets about the disease.
Patient UK: MRSA
- Factsheet on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus which causes an infection that mainly occurs in people who are already ill in hospital.
- Signs, symptoms, and photographs of the disease.
Texas Department of State Health Services: MRSA
- Series of factsheets and presentations about the disease in several different environments.
Topix: MRSA News
- Headline links from media sources worldwide.
Wikipedia: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Encyclopedia article with history, symptoms and signs, treatment, and prevention.
JAMA: MRSA Infections
- Article with facts about the disease in the Journal of the American Medical Association. (October 17, 2007)
BBC News: Quick Guide: MRSA
- Concise factsheet on this disease, its transmission, the UK death rate and how the NHS is combating the infection. (July 24, 2006)
Topix: MRSA News
- Headline news about the disease. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 11, 2015 at 6:41:29 UTC -