become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bacterial/Salmonellosis
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Food and Water Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
Science: Technology: Food Science: Food Safety
This category in other languages:
Bad Bug Book - Salmonella spp.
- Features organism information, associated foods, symptoms, prevention, and treatment.
CDC - Salmonellosis
- General information on the diagnosis, treatment, consequences, and prevention of infection with the Salmonella bacteria.
CDC: Salmonellosis Q & A
- Information and data on the subject.
DBMD - Salmonella enteritidis
- Features risk factors and prevention.
- Read an article discussing a type of food poisoning that is usually contracted from undercooked food or handling reptiles.
eMedicine - Salmonellosis
- Article by Michael Zapor, MD, PhD.
- Includes risk factors, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Salmonella enterocolitis
- Includes cause, risk factors, symptoms, tests, treatment, complications, and prevention.
MedlinePlus: Salmonella Infections
- Directory of links to information and news about the disease.
- Medical and scientific information about the bacteria and diseases it causes.
Patient UK: Salmonella
- Salmonella are a group of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. This article describes the symptoms, when to seek medical advice, the treatment in children and adults, complications that can develop and prevention.
Preventing Foodborne Illness: Salmonellosis
- University of Florida factsheet on the organism and disease.
- Discusses the disease in humans and animals and its transmission from animals to man.
- Provides information on this bacterium and the gastrointestinal disease it causes, the symptoms and the preventive measures that can be taken to avoid the illness. [PDF]
Salmonella and Food Poisoning
- Discusses causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
Salmonella: Salmonella: A Serious Foodborne Illness for Everyone, Especially the Very Young and Very Old
- Ohio State University Extension fact sheet providing basic information on the subject. [PDF]
WHO: Global Foodborne Infections Network
- GFN is a network of laboratories and individuals involved in surveillance, isolation, identification and antimicrobial resistance testing of Salmonella and other enteric infections.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 2, 2015 at 21:58:34 UTC -