become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bacterial/Plague
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Siphonaptera
This category in other languages:
Awesome Stories: Black Death
- Article by Carole D. Bos on this disease and its devastating effects during the Middle Ages.
Bubonic Plague and the Black Death
- Provides information on the effects, history, symptoms, treatment and origins of the Bubonic Plague commonly referred to as The Black Death.
CDC Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases: Plague
- Includes symptoms, history, treatment, epidemiology, prevention and control, and scientific literature.
CIDRAP Plague Home Page
- Medical overview aimed at clinicians in identifying and treating plague, along with updated news and links related to the disease.
Decameron Web: The Plague
- Features contemporary perspectives, origins, causes and social effects.
eMedicine - Bubonic Plague
- A physician's report on bubonic plague infection, transmission patterns, and associated symptoms. Includes pictures of bubonic plague patients as well as a review of septicemic plague and pneumonic plague.
eMedicine - Plague
- Article by Venkat R Minnaganti, MD.
eMedicine - Plague
- Article by Robert D Schremmer, MD.
eMedicine Health - Plague
- Features cause, symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, and treatment.
- Factsheet with symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and prognosis.
Mayo Clinic - Plague
- Includes cause, symptoms and signs, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Plague
- Factsheet with causes, risk factors, symptoms, treatment, diagnosis, complications, and prevention.
- Directory of news stories, factsheets, and articles.
- World Health Organization information on plague, focusing on recent outbreaks and epidemics.
Plague in England
- A list of epidemics of the disease between 1348 and 1665. Includes references.
Plague: Yersinia pestis
- Scientific and medical information about the organism and disease.
Russell Kightley Media
- Computer graphic showing the structure of Yersinia pestis with an explanation and references.
TED Cast Study Bubonic Plague
- The role of trade in transmitting the Black Death.
Multidrug Resistance in Yersinia Pestis Mediated by a Transferable Plasmid
- Article discusses antibiotic and multidrug resistance in Yersinia Pestis, the causative agent of Plague. Published by The New England Journal of Medicine. (July 04, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2015 at 22:03:22 UTC -