become an editor
the entire directory
only in Infectious_Diseases/Abscesses
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Abscesses
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial: Staphylococcal
This category in other languages:
- An abscess is a collection of pus in any part of the body and causes swelling and inflammation. This article describes the different types, their symptoms, causes, prevention and treatment.
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of the causes, symptoms, and treatments of medical abscess.
- Provides links to articles and other resources on these pockets of pus that can form anywhere in the body.
Merck Manual: Folliculitis and Skin Abscesses
- Article about these abscesses which are caused by Staphylococcus aureus bacteria accumulating in pus-filled pockets on the skin surface.
NHS Choices: Actinomycosis
- Provides information on this chronic infection, also known as lumpy jaw. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Patient UK: Boils and Carbuncles
- Factsheet describing these conditions, their presentation, investigation, differential diagnosis and management.
- Information about pilonidal cysts and surgical treatment options, personal stories and a discussion board.
Times Health Guide: Carbuncle
- Article including information on causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
World Wide Wounds: Pilonidal Sinus Disease
- Article covering the pathology, clinical presentations and appropriate management of the disease.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2012 at 6:35:04 UTC -