the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Infectious_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Food and Water Borne
Ear Infections, Children
Urinary Tract Infections
West Nile Virus
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Infection Control
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Infectious Diseases
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Antibiotics
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Vaccines and Antisera
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Health and Human Services: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Science: Biology: Microbiology
This category in other languages:
The Bad Bug Book
- This handbook provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Each chapter focuses on either one bacteria, virus, parasite, or natural toxin, providing basic facts.
The American Medical Association's Resources on Infectious Diseases
- Current resources for physicians and the public on important issues in infectious diseases. Features news, forums, articles, and archives.
Center for Complex Infectious Diseases
- Provides information on stealth viruses, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other diseases caused by stealth viruses, and presentations and publications given by Dr. Martin.
Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
- CIDRAP provides advice, information and analysis on the prevention, control and treatment of infectious diseases and in public health preparedness in such areas as bioterrorism and food safety.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mission is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability. Includes guidelines, articles and resources for consumers and health professionals.
Clinical Infectious Diseases
- This journal publishes clinical articles, including those in microbiology; a regular AIDS/TB Commentary; sections covering medical and legal issues and managed care symposia; time-saving review articles, which survey the growing body of research literature in a specific area or on a group of related topics; and thematic studies on central topics in infectious disease research. Electronic edition.
Communicable Disease and Immunizations
- Communicable disease information for HIV/AIDS, pertussis, influenza, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, chickenpox, and others.
Diagnosis and Management of Infectious Diseases
- Complete electronic version of the book in .pdf format.
Disease Outbreak News
- Information about disease outbreaks anywhere in the world, searchable by time period, with archives by disease; from the Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response (CSR), World Health Organization.
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of swollen lymph glands.
eMedicine Health - Finger Infection
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of injury or infection to a finger.
eMedicine Health - Sepsis
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of blood infection.
eMedicine: Hospital Acquired Infections
- Physician reports on the viral, bacterial, and fungal pathogens likely to cause nosocomial infections such as pneumonia, urinary tract infection, colitis, and candidiasis. Includes medical care and prevention tips.
eMedicine: Infectious Diseases
- Directory of full length articles on various diseases.
Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal
- Includes e-journal from the CDC.
Family Practice Notebook: Infectious Disease
- Comprehensive database of infectious disease.
General Practice Notebook - Infectious Disease
- Describes features of many conditions.
Health Protection Scotland
- Information on communicable diseases and environmental health hazards, travel and veterinary health risks including statistical data.
- Medical news and information in infectious disease from current medical journals for physicians. Available on the web or by email newsletter.
Infectious Disease Center - MayoClinic.com
- Find information on colds, flu, STDs, and other common infections. Includes adult and child immunizations, and prevention.
Infectious Disease Control Unit
- Factsheets and news releases related to diseases and various health topics.
Infectious Disease News
- Online version of the magazine. Includes breaking news, archives, online seminars, and specialty forums.
Infectious Disease Research Institute
- IDRI targets neglected diseases based on their threat to public health and lack of a vaccine diagnostic, or effective therapeutic. Find out which diseases are being focused on, and details about IDRI.
Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice
- Journal published nine times a year. Articles on topics of current interest to physicians and other health care professionals treating patients with infectious diseases.
Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Includes information about the IDSA, a career center, newsroom, practice guidelines, and journals and publications.
International Society for Infectious Diseases
- ISID consists of individuals interested in infectious diseases, including specialists, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, public health workers, parasitologists, virologists, mycologists, and molecular biologists. Find publications, resources, memberships and programs.
The Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education: Infection Index
- Images of organisms and their effects on organs.
Johns Hopkins Infectious Diseases
- Information on infectious diseases including hepatitis, STDs, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, research, education, and epidemiology.
The Journal of Infectious Diseases
- Published for the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Find current and past issues and information about the journal.
Journal Watch Infectious Diseases
- Fee based service with summaries of medical journal articles in the field of Infectious Disease.
- Directory of factsheets covering common infections affecting children.
The Lancet: Infectious Diseases
- A monthly infectious diseases journal, renowned for the publication of high-quality peer-reviewed reviews and analysis from around the world.
Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the US on the legal basis for enforcement of isolation and quarantine.
- Information on the microorganisms that cause diseases in humans. Lecture notes, laboratory notebook, computerized clinical cases, and most common causes of infectious diseases file.
MedlinePlus: Infectious Diseases
- Articles about infectious disease and infectious disease links.
- Offers up to date medical news and physician-reviewed articles about infectious disease.
Medscape: Infectious Diseases
- Latest medical news and information from Medscape.com.
The Merck Manual - Infectious Diseases
- Specific and general clinical information on infectious diseases and their treatment.
Microbes: In Sickness and in Health
- Publication of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. [PDF]
Microbial Threats to Health: Emergence, Detection, and Response (2003)
- Covers emerging diseases, resurgence of known pathogens, and the human factors that converge to provide an environment where diseases can spread. Complete 350-page report from the Board on Global Health of the National Academy of Science, in Open Book and PDF formats.
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases
- Division of the CDC that provides leadership, expertise, and service in laboratory and epidemiological science, bioterrorism preparedness, applied research, disease surveillance, and outbreak response for infectious diseases.
National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases
- A large, searchable database of articles about diseases; resources for scientists, physicians, travelers; publications; training programs.
National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- NFID supports research into the causes, cures, and prevention of infectious diseases and sponsors public and professional education programs. Virtual library, factsheets, vaccine research conference information, National Coalition for Adult Immunization.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Provides major support for scientists conducting research aimed at developing better ways to diagnose, treat and prevent the many infectious, immunologic and allergic diseases.
The New England Journal of Medicine: Infectious Disease
- The Infectious Diseases collection covers topics such as sepsis, meningitis, and pneumonia.
New York State Department of Health: Communicable Diseases
- Directory of factsheets on infectious diseases, plus press releases.
Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases
- PKIDs Online educates the public about infectious diseases and disease prevention, supports families whose children have chronic, viral infectious diseases, and works to eliminate the social stigma borne by the infected.
Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal
- Original studies, reviews, and case reports on all aspects of infectious diseases in children that have relevance to clinical practice. Features review articles and original studies on viral and bacterial illness in children of interest to pediatricians, pediatric residents and fellows, and pediatric nurses.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
- Promotes excellence in diagnosis, management and prevention of infectious diseases through clinical care, education, research and advocacy. Find details about PIDS, membership information, meetings and events, education and training and a forum.
- Online journal on infectious diseases of children.
- A global electronic reporting system for outbreaks of emerging infectious diseases and toxins.
Research and Training in Tropical Diseases
- Co-sponsored by the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the World Bank and the World Health Organization (WHO). It helps co-ordinate global efforts to combat infectious diseases of the poor and disadvantaged.
Surviving Sepsis Campaign
- Aims to reduce mortality from sepsis and to improve its management, diagnosis and treatment.
TropIKA: Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Information on diseases that are becoming more prevalent, review articles, news items, editorial opinions, research articles and reports.
- The United States Army Medical Research Institute for infectious diseases.
- Dr.M.Vadivale provides links to a wide range of sites about infectious diseases and other health-related topics.
WHO/OMS - Infectious Diseases
- Articles from the World Health Organization.
Wikipedia: Infectious Disease
- Offers detailed information about infectious disease including classifications, transmission, diagnosing and therapies, immunity, mortality from, and a history.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2014 at 5:15:09 UTC -