become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/Africa
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Immune Disorders: Immune Deficiency: AIDS: Regional: Africa
Regional: Africa: Health
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture
AIDS Education in Akatsi/Ghana
- Provides documentation of a Youth AIDS Awareness program which took place in 2002 in Akatsi, Ghana, West Africa.
The AIDS Support Organisation
- Information about programs and services with/for people affected by HIV/AIDS in Uganda; includes a history, and details of their partners, publications, membership, and fundraising.
- Web documentary, chats, database of articles with an interactive research assistant and animated epidemic map.
- Presents AIDS-related news reports and events from around the country.
- An exhibition of photographs about AIDs and HIV in Africa from Christian Aid.
Eldis HIV/AIDS Resource Guide
- Resource guide for development, with documents, issues and newsfeeds looking at Uganda, Africa, Asia, India, and Brazil.
Ethiopian AIDS Resource Center
- Provides a range of information on HIV and AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and tuberculosis (TB).
- To prevent AIDS, the Senegalese Troupe Kaani-Gui performs music, dance, and theatre in the back country. Includes clips from the documentary in production.
Ghana AIDS and HIV Commission
- Information and support for the people of Ghana on the risks and the dangers of the disease.
- Uses local heros, professional soccer players and to educate at risk youth.
Heartbreak and Hope | Aids in Africa
- An initiative of the Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church, this site has statistics, news and views about the AIDS situation in Zimbabwe. It gives account of children affected.
HIV and AIDS in Africa
- Summary of news, statistics, orphan information and drug availability in Africa. Updated monthly.
Impact of HIV/AIDS on African Families
- Story chronicles the lives of three families at a hospital in Malawi as they deal with the impact of HIV/AIDS, including the death of family members due to the disease.
- Dedicated to helping children and families living with HIV/AIDS. Features games and real life stories.
Language, Literature and the Discourse of HIV/AIDS in Africa
- An international conference on the discourse of HIV/AIDS in Africa held in Gaborone, Botswana, in June 2002. Includes paper abstracts and conference information.
Save Africa from AIDS Project (AfAIDS)
- The Ken Wooldridge Ministries in Botswana provide AIDS outreach education. Photos and donation information.
Secure the Future
- An initiative in partnership with African nations to find sustainable and relevant solutions for the management of HIV/AIDS in women and children, and provide resources to improve community education and patient support. From Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation
- Dedicated to fighting AIDS in Africa. Information about the organization, a FAQs, projects, news and links.
Text to Change
- TTC is a non profit organization devoted to improve HIV/AIDS education in regions in the world that are in need of help, concentrating on sub-Saharan Africa. Find project details, their vision and background information.
- A not-for profit organization focused on supporting the issues of children with AIDS in Africa.
- Personal page focusing on Africa HIV/Aids issues, particularly Malawi and Mozambique. Photos and discussion on community and orphan projects including Save the Children.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 0:51:17 UTC -