become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/Africa
Conditions and Diseases
Regional: Africa: Health
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture
AIDS Education in Akatsi/Ghana
- Provides documentation of a Youth AIDS Awareness program which took place in 2002 in Akatsi, Ghana, West Africa.
The AIDS Support Organisation
- Information about programs and services with/for people affected by HIV/AIDS in Uganda; includes a history, and details of their partners, publications, membership, and fundraising.
- Web documentary, chats, database of articles with an interactive research assistant and animated epidemic map.
- Presents AIDS-related news reports and events from around the country.
- An exhibition of photographs about AIDs and HIV in Africa from Christian Aid.
Eldis HIV/AIDS Resource Guide
- Resource guide for development, with documents, issues and newsfeeds looking at Uganda, Africa, Asia, India, and Brazil.
Ethiopian AIDS Resource Center
- Provides a range of information on HIV and AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and tuberculosis (TB).
- To prevent AIDS, the Senegalese Troupe Kaani-Gui performs music, dance, and theatre in the back country. Includes clips from the documentary in production.
Ghana AIDS and HIV Commission
- Information and support for the people of Ghana on the risks and the dangers of the disease.
- Uses local heros, professional soccer players and to educate at risk youth.
HIV and AIDS in Africa
- Summary of news, statistics, orphan information and drug availability in Africa. Updated monthly.
Impact of HIV/AIDS on African Families
- Story chronicles the lives of three families at a hospital in Malawi as they deal with the impact of HIV/AIDS, including the death of family members due to the disease.
- Dedicated to helping children and families living with HIV/AIDS. Features games and real life stories.
Language, Literature and the Discourse of HIV/AIDS in Africa
- An international conference on the discourse of HIV/AIDS in Africa held in Gaborone, Botswana, in June 2002. Includes paper abstracts and conference information.
Save Africa from AIDS Project (AfAIDS)
- The Ken Wooldridge Ministries in Botswana provide AIDS outreach education. Photos and donation information.
Secure the Future
- An initiative in partnership with African nations to find sustainable and relevant solutions for the management of HIV/AIDS in women and children, and provide resources to improve community education and patient support. From Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation
- Dedicated to fighting AIDS in Africa. Information about the organization, a FAQs, projects, news and links.
Text to Change
- TTC is a non profit organization devoted to improve HIV/AIDS education in regions in the world that are in need of help, concentrating on sub-Saharan Africa. Find project details, their vision and background information.
- A not-for profit organization focused on supporting the issues of children with AIDS in Africa.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 8, 2014 at 6:45:04 UTC -