become an editor
the entire directory
only in Food_and_Water_Borne/Toxins
Conditions and Diseases
Food and Water Borne
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Food and Water Borne: Toxins
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention: Poisoning
Health: Public Health and Safety: First Aid: Poisoning
Science: Biology: Toxicology
Science: Environment: Environmental Health: Toxic Substances
American.edu: Blowfish and Trade
- Outline and overview of this subject.
AmericanMushrooms.com: The Death Cap Mushroom (Amanita phalloides)
- Images, description, related mushrooms, and discussion of toxicity.
CDC: Ciguatera Fish Poisoning
- Includes factsheet and publications.
DBMD - Marine Toxins
- Discusses the causes, symptoms, and prevention of several toxins carried by fish and shellfish.
eMedicine - Toxicity, Mushrooms
- Article by Mary E Cataletto, MD.
eMedicine - Toxicity, Tetrodotoxin
- Article by Theodore Benzer, MD, PhD.
eMedicine Health - Ricin
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the symptoms and treatment of ricin poisoning.
Harmful Algal Blooms and Biotoxins
- Factsheet on algal blooms and their effects on humans through affected fish and shellfish.
Human Illness Associated with Harmful Algae
- Discusses the various fish and shellfish toxicities of humans caused by the animal's ingestion of toxic algae.
The Merck Manual: Chemical Food Poisoning
- Causes, symptoms, and signs of poisoning caused by eating plants or animals that contain a naturally occurring poison.
Mytraveldoctor: Blue-Green Algae Toxicosis
- Describes the occurrence, manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the disease.
- Description of toxic species and the symptoms their toxins produce.
Ricin Toxin from the Castor Bean Plant
- Scientific and medical article on the toxin and its effects.
WHO: Water-related diseases - Cyanobacterial Toxins
- Includes cause, effects on people, distribution, scope of the problem, and prevention.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:15:02 AM EDT -