become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Food_and_Water_Borne
Conditions and Diseases
Food and Water Borne
Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease
Business: Food and Related Products: Consulting: Food Safety
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Digestive System Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Epidemiology: Infectious Diseases
Home: Consumer Information: Food and Drink
Home: Cooking: Safety
Home: Emergency Preparation: Food and Water
Science: Technology: Food Science: Food Safety
Science: Technology: Food Science: Microbiology
Society: Issues: Environment: Food and Drink
Society: Issues: Health: Food, Drink and Nutrition
This category in other languages:
Bacteria and Foodborne Illness
- Discusses the causes, risk factors, and complications associated with foodborne illness. Reviews treatment options and prevention strategies.
The Bad Bug Book
- This handbook provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Each chapter focuses on either one bacteria, virus, parasite, or natural toxin, providing basic facts.
- Series of factsheets covering the common causes of food poisoning.
CDC - Brainerd Diarrhea
- No cause for this illness has been found yet. Includes source of infection, symptoms, prevention, and outbreaks.
CDC - Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases
- Focuses on the control and prevention of foodborne, waterborne, and environmental diseases. Features news, programs, alerts, and information about individual diseases.
CDC - Foodborne Infections
- FAQ discussing the causes and preventions of foodborne diseases.
CDC Health Topic: Foodborne Illnesses
- Causes, symptoms, treatments, and prevention of foodborne illnesses.
CDC Travelers' Health - Risks from Food and Drink
- Factsheet covering prevention of foodborne and waterborne illness.
CDC: Healthy Swimming
- Recommendations for healthy swimming behaviors needed to protect people from recreational water illnesses (RWIs) and will help stop germs from getting in the pool in the first place.
- Features organism information, concern about the vaccine, treatment, and prevention.
CDC: Vibrio parahaemolyticus
- Includes cause, associated foods, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of this illness associated with contaminated seafood.
CDC: Vibrio vulnificus
- Can cause disease in those who eat contaminated seafood or have an open wound that is exposed to seawater. Features symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, and treatment.
CDC: Viral Gastroenteritis
- Discusses viruses that can cause gastroenteritis, including rotaviruses, adenoviruses, caliciviruses, astroviruses, Norwalk virus, and a group of Noroviruses.
Clemson Extension: Foodborne Illnesses: Viruses
- Factsheet showing causes, symptoms and treatment of viral infections.
eMedicine - Food Poisoning
- Article by Senthil Nachimuthu, MD.
eMedicine - Food Poisoning :
- Article by Sunil K Sood, MD.
eMedicine - Vibrio Infections
- Article by Hoi Ho, MD.
eMedicine Health - Food Poisoning
- Articles on the causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of several foodborne illnesses.
EPA Ground Water and Drinking Water
- Information from the Environmental Protection Agency on maintaining a safe water supply.
FDA/CFSAN - Foodborne Illness
- Directory of sites with information on various foodborne illnesses.
- Providing academic research services to the food industry relating to hygiene, poisoning, and spoilage.
- Food safety information for the food industry discussing the causes and prevention of foodborne illness. [PDF]
Food Poisoning and Foodborne Illness
- An explanation of foodborne illness or food poisoning. What it is, where it comes from, and how to avoid it. NSW Food Authority (government) information for consumers and schools.
Food Safety Research Information Office
- Directory of resources covering several diseases and toxins that can cause foodborn illness.
Food Safety: Food Poisoning
- Discusses signs, symptoms and prevention of viral, bacterial, and fungal food poisoning. From the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Factsheets from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- Directory of factsheets on the most common causes of food poisoning.
Foodborne Illness and Diseases
- Factsheets from the USDA.
Foodborne Illness: Least Wanted Foodborne Pathogens
- Discusses common causes and symptoms.
Foodborne Illness: Prevention Strategies
- Factsheet from Clemson University describes types, symptoms and preventing food borne illnesses.
- Information about cross-contamination and how bacteria spreads.
- Project consists of active surveillance for foodborne diseases and related epidemiologic studies designed to help public health officials better understand the epidemiology of foodborne diseases in the United States.
- Provides information on a number of foodborne illnesses, pathogens and food safety issues.
FoodSafety.gov - Foodborne Pathogens
- Directory of links dealing with foodborne illness.
- Law firm site with news and information about foodborne illnesses.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Food Poisoning
- Includes symptoms, causes, prevention, complications, tests, and treatment.
MedlinePlus: Drinking Water
- Factsheets and news releases about harmful substances and organisms in water.
MedlinePlus: Food Contamination And Poisoning
- Features news and factsheets.
Minnesota Department of Health: Foodborne Illness
- Includes surveillance statistics, outbreaks in the state, symptoms, causes, and prevention.
NHS Choices: Poisoning
- Provides information on poisoning and details of causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
Parasites and Foodborne Illness
- Publication of the US Food Safety and Inspection Service that discusses several foodborne parasites.
Reducing the Risk of Food Poisoning
- Factsheet from Ohio State University.
Safe Tables Our Priority (STOP)
- Organization which works to promote food safety and prevent food borne illness. Supports foodborne illness victims, educates consumers about unsafe food conditions, and works with government on food safety issues.
Texas Department of Health: Foodborne Illness
- Fact sheets on several waterborne and foodborne illnesses.
WHO: Foodborne Diseases
- Directory of links and news.
WHO: Water-related Disease
- Includes factsheets and issues.
Food and Water Borne
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2015 at 0:32:16 UTC -