become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eye_Disorders/Low_Vision
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Eye Disorders: Low Vision
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Disability: Vision and Reading Aids
Shopping: Health: Disabilities: Assistive Technology: Low Vision Aids
Angeles Vision Clinic - Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Explanation of the causes, examination, treatment,and management.
Atlanta Vision Loss Center
- About the Center and its mission to improve the function, independence, and quality of life of veterans.
BiOptic Driving Network
- Information about driving with bioptics. List of vendors, success stories and training details.
Eye Institute of Canada
- Offers low vision care by optometrists who specialize in low vision rehabilitation and low vision devices.
Large Print Reviews
- Reviews of large print and audio books and other items of interest to individuals with low vision. Plus, articles on eye health and low vision travel.
- Resource center aims to improve the quality of life for those who are visually impaired through awareness, resources, and solutions. Includes helpful tips for coping with visual impairment, details about eye conditions, and news. Also questions may be asked of Dr. Lynne Noon.
The Low Vision Gateway
- Support site which provides access to related information on the Internet.
Low Vision Information Center
- Practical information on coping with visual impairment. Offers tips and strategies for maximizing remaining sight.
- Information resource on blindness and visual impairment. Collection of links to sites on low vision, as well as a calendar listing low vision conferences throughout the world. Presents information about early intervention, education and rehabilitation of persons with a visual impairment.
The Screen Magnifiers Homepage
- Internet resource on screen magnification and text-to-speech. Includes product reviews, download area, news, discussion and a resource index.
Too Young for Glasses and Eye Patching?
- Infants and toddlers successfully wearing glasses and eye patch. Ideas and information includes advice for gentle teaching, and positive reinforcement: Increase usage gradually, in highly visual, active (not passive)play.
VisionAWARE Self-Help for Vision Loss
- Provides practical self-help information and links to a wide range of helpful resources for adults with vision loss, their family members, and those who work with them.
Wikipedia - Low Vision
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article provides information about causes, treatments, assistive aids and resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 25, 2011 at 11:45:05 UTC -