become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eye_Disorders/Color_Blindness
Conditions and Diseases
- How things look to someone who is colorblind. Overview of tests and genetics.
Aspects of Perception
- Illustrates "how people with less than three types of cones can confuse different wavelengths."
- Presents symptoms, causes, types, and tests. Includes a form for questioning an optometrist.
- Presentation about normal vision. Includes spectra, eye anatomy and color response curves.
Color Vision Information for Pilots / FAA Medical Standards
- Pilot Medical Solutions provides FAA medical certification support for pilots and aviation medical examiners.
- Short facts on condition. Links to self-diagnostic test.
- Explains mechanics and physiology, and includes color wheels to simulate what the disabled see.
Colors for the Color Blind
- Provides background information and a set of charts to help those working with computer colors.
- Wikipedia article includes a simple diagnostic test, rates of incidence, causes, and types of deficiency.
Egopont - Color Vision Test
- Includes a color vision test which may help the visitor to assess whether he/she is able to see colors correctly.
- Pictures to approximate what the patient sees. Article about color problems, causes, and compensation with web design or browser settings.
Mayo Clinic: Poor Color Vision
- Includes overview, causes, screening, diagnosis, treatment, and coping skills.
More Prevalent Among Males
- A report from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute explains how the condition is inherited.
- Arizona State University provides definitions and tests.
The Upside of Color Blindness
- DISCOVER Magazine reports, "Color-blind monkeys make better insect hunters." Includes pictures of what the colorblind (do not) see, and Pseudoisochromatic plate.
- Allows the user to see the world as color blind people see it. Checks by images and urls.
- Software utility that transforms colors of the computer display into the discriminable colors for people with color blindness.
Genetic Studies Endow Mice with New Color Vision
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute researchers give human color vision to mice. (March 23, 2007)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 16:24:12 UTC -