become an editor
the entire directory
only in Blindness/Organizations
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Organizations: Conditions and Diseases
The Accessible Friends Network
- An open-to-all U K voluntary group set up primarily to improve the quality of life for and by blind, visually impaired and disabled people, using the Internet.
- The latest information on the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
American Council of the Blind
- Includes forums, radio stations, news and resources.
American Foundation for the Blind
- Nonprofit organization provides information and referrals about living with visual impairment.
Blind and Vision Impaired of Marin
- BVIM in Marin County, CA aids the blind and visually impaired gain and maintain independence. Find a list of board members, events, support links and contact information.
- A charity dedicated to helping visually impaired students in Africa.
The Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- A voluntary, non profit rehabilitation agency that provides services for people who are blind, visually impaired and deafblind.
Center for the Visually Impaired Atlanta
- Resources, bulletin board and list of services.
EIES of New Jersey
- Describes how visually impaired persons can use a radio or telephone to listen to newspapers and magazines.
The Fred Hollows Foundation
- Non-profit organization undertaking community-based work with blindness prevention organisations in Asia, Africa and the Pacific. Includes foundation history, details of projects, information on donating and volunteering, and list of regional contacts.
Helen Keller International
- Helps organizations and institutions in countries where the need is great. Includes resources, programs and general information.
The Hong Kong Society for the Blind Communication Department
- Works to provide library services in Braille and provide recorded reading materials to visually impaired people of all age groups in Hong Kong and to ensure their right to the access of information.
Illinois Society for the Prevention of Blindness
- Provides public resources for safety and care of eyes, along with eye disease. Includes "The Visionary", a publication that explores research projects, issues and news of interest.
International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness
- Find information about the IAPB, about its vision, events and a newsletter.
International Society for Low Vision Research and Rehabilitation
- Conducts scientific research in the field of low vision and rehabilitation of people with low vision.
Keystone Blind Association
- Offers orientation and mobility services and employment help.
- Worldwide organization dedicated to overcoming vision impairment through rehabilitation, education, research and advocacy. Employment opportunities, resources and courses.
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
- To foster the achievement of vocational and personal independence by persons of all ages who are blind or visually impaired.
National Eye Institute
- Information, press releases, clinical studies, grants and funding opportunities for researchers, an image and video catalog.
National Federation of the Blind
- Resources for the blind: Services, technology news, visual aids and research information.
National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky
- An organization for blind and low vision Kentuckians. Learn about aids, appliances, jobs, education, advocacy and how to get help. An affiliate of National Federation of the Blind.
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS)
- A unit of the Library of Congress, administers a free library program of braille and recorded materials that are circulated to eligible borrowers by postage-free mail through a network of cooperating libraries.
New Hampshire Association for the Blind
- Provides rehabilitation services for blind and visually impaired citizens.
New Sports for the Blind
- Site looking for donations to help with Russian blind sports.
Prevent Blindness America
- Volunteer eye health and safety group dedicated to fighting blindness and saving sight in America.
Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB)
- Provider of services to people who are blind or vision impaired. Training and technology, library services and general information.
Sight Savers International
- A charity that combats blindness globally.
Sight Service - Gateshead & South Tyneside
- Registered charity dedicated to enabling visually impaired people in Gateshead and South Tyneside to enjoy the quality of life which they are entitled to expect
The South Australian Royal Society For the Blind
- Helps those with little or no sight to optimise their opportunities by providing specialist staff, information and technology resources to meet individual needs.
Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind
- Non profit agency providing residential placement and day programming to the multi-disabled blind.
Unite For Sight, Inc.
- A member of the National Healthy Vision 2010 Consortium; an international nonprofit organization that develops sustainable solutions to reduce health disparities. Includes a history, an introduction, and a medical advisory.
- A charitable organisation offering practical advice, help, and support for blind and visually impaired people in the West of Scotland.
Vision Forward Association
- An independent organization promoting personal development, career growth, and community awareness through specialized services and programs for people who are blind and visually impaired. Find details about the programs and services, news, and how you can help.
Vision of Children Foundation
- Groups aims include the eradication of hereditary childhood blindness, ocular albinism and other blindness.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 2, 2016 at 6:24:11 UTC -