become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eye_Disorders/Blindness
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Eye Disorders: Blindness
Special Education Schools
Vision and Reading Aids
Shopping: Health: Disabilities: Assistive Technology: Low Vision Aids
Society: Disabled: Service Animals
Sports: Disabled: Blind
This category in other languages:
- Weblog serves as a commentary on issues regarding people with vision impairments.
The Blind Readers Page
- A source of information about books and reading, blindness and other disabilities and library services for the blind and physically handicapped.
Blindness in Depth
- Provides articles and links to information about the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual impact of blindness.
- Offers solutions and answers to questions regarding blindness, visual impairment and vision loss.
Empower Connection - Technology for the Blind
- Information and help for people using assistive Internet technology.
- Includes what to do when meeting a person with vision impairment, the signs of vision loss, legal blindness, braille and other health related links.
Kenneth Jernigan: 'power to the blind'
- Article on the late director of the Iowa Commission for the Blind.
Living with Vision Loss
- If you are among the more than 10 million people in North America who are visually impaired, you know how important it is to find ways to accomplish routine daily tasks.
Lowell Association for the Blind
- LAB is a non-profit, community based organization dedicated to working with the blind and visually impaired. Serving the Greater Lowell, MA / Merrimack Valley community. Find the services, news, resources and contact details.
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- A free US program of braille and recorded materials.
Recording For The Blind and Dyslexic
- Educational library for people with print disabilities, with a 77,000-title library of taped textbooks, reference and professional materials for people who cannot read standard print because of a disability.
- The free of charge project, especially for the blind, provides a possibility to perceive pictures over the tactile sense - consisting of a picture transforming multi-platform software and a tactile display, built up easily with help of the construction manual.
- Portal for blind and visual impaired children. Accessible games, and remixers. Make a homepage for free with screenreader.
Video Description by Narrative Television Network
- Makes movies and television programming accessible to blind and visually impaired people through narration.
- Supplies electronic aids for the visually impaired.
- Vision information and an accessible community for people who are partially sighted or blind. Searchable database of resources, and articles.
- Translates images from a camera into sounds that one hears via stereo headphones and targetting vision substitution for the totally blind.
Modifying Games for the Blind
- Tips on adapting board games with tactile markings, from adding Braille markings to playing cards or game tiles, to using glue to create raised lines on map boundaries. (December 01, 2002)
Usenet alt.comp.blind-users -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:43:20 PM EDT -