become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eye_Disorders/Amblyopia
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Eye Disorders: Amblyopia
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Brain Diseases
This category in other languages:
- Information from the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus about Amblyopia and treatment options, including patching and surgery.
About Amblyopia. What is Lazy Eye?
- Information for parents from an expert eye doctor. Discusses all treatment options, diagnosis and eye muscle surgery.
Alaska Blind Child Discovery
- A research initiative in Alaska dedicated to amblyopia and other childhood vision disorders. Includes news about amblyopia research, vision screeners and information for parents and patients.
Amblyopia ("Lazy Eye") FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions about amblyopia, or "lazy eye." Discusses the prevalence of amblyopia, detecting symptoms through pediatric vision screening and treatment options.
Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- An article discussing "Lazy Eye", which includes symptoms, diagnosis, causes, treatments and prevention.
Amblyopia: What Is Lazy Eye?
- Information from the American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart site about the symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment for amblyopia.
American Family Physician: Amblyopia
- Article from this peer-reviewed and evidence-based clinical journal about amblyopia causes, screening, diagnosis and treatment.
Guidelines for automated preschool vision screening
- Updated guidelines from pediatric ophthalmologists for automated preschool vision screening to detect amblyopia risk factors.
Instrument-Based Pediatric Vision Screening Policy Statement
- A joint policy statement from medical professional societies describing the use of automated vision screening technology to screen for amblyopia risk factors in children.
Manatee Eye Clinic - Lazy Eyes and Crossed Eyes
- Information about "lazy eye", strabismus, double vision, eye muscle surgery, and patching treatment by pediatric ophthalmologist, Dr. Scott Silverman.
National Eye Institute - Amblyopia Resource Guide
- Provides patient information. Find out about causes, and treatments, research studies, and resources.
NHS Choices: Lazy Eye
- Provides information on this condition, also known as amblyopia. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and complications.
Pediatric Eye Disease Investigator Group (PEDIG)
- PEDIG is a collaborative network dedicated to facilitating multicenter clinical research in amblyopia and other childhood eye disorders.
USPTF: Screening for Visual Impairment in Children Ages 1 to 5 Years
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children to detect amblyopia or its risk factors.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 8, 2013 1:11:23 PM EST -