become an editor
the entire directory
only in Diabetes/Research
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Endocrinology: Journals
This category in other languages:
Boston Area Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center
- A consortium of laboratory and clinical investigators whose efforts are directed toward addressing research questions bearing on the etiology, pathogenesis, treatment and cure of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Study on computer-assisted diabetes risk management conducts research to improve quality of diabetes care and explores the effects of Accu-Chek Mellibase, in primary care.
CureDM - Restoring Islets Reversing Diabetes
- Biopharmaceutical company established to develop new therapies that may prevent, ameliorate, or reverse diabetes and allow for the discontinuation of insulin.
- Aims to provide information for patients and professionals on research and clinical care in genetic types of diabetes.
Immunology of Diabetes Society
- An international collaborative initiative set up to advance research related to the etiology, pathogenesis, prevention and cure of type 1 diabetes. Find meetings and committee information, IDS publications and newsletter reports.
International Committee for Insulin Resistance
- Serves to inform people not only of the insulin resistance syndrome, but also of a physicians' congress on the topic. Includes congress information, past meetings, and publications.
Lein Applied Diagnostics
- Developing non-invasive glucose meters to allow people with diabetes to test their blood glucose levels.
- Dr M.Balasubramanyam, a diabetes researcher from India. Includes research details and articles in diabetes mellitus, its complications, with special reference to oxidative stress.
SBDR - Society for Biomedical Diabetes Research
- Objectives are to improve scientific requirements by providing an informational network, directory (DCOD) and promoting research.
- Find clinical trials looking at the prevention and early treatment of type 1 diabetes.
The Whittier Institute for Diabetes
- Focused on awareness, detection, education and research. Conducts clinical trials on an ongoing basis for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Based in San Diego.
Discovery supports theory of Alzheimer's disease as form of diabetes
- Article from Phys.Org News that discusses how type 3 diabetes occurs. (September 27, 2007)
Selenium Supplements May Increase the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Article on this trace element and its negative effect on the endocrine system. (July 13, 2007)
Diabetes In Control - Chili Extract A Possible Cure for Diabetes
- Scientists have discovered that after injecting capsaicin insulin levels increased and restored blood glucose levels to normal virtually overnight. (January 09, 2007)
BBC News: Study suggests 'type 3 diabetes'
- Research showing that the brain produces insulin as well as the pancreas points to a third type of diabetes. (March 07, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 13, 2016 at 23:34:55 UTC -