become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vestibular_Disorders/Vertigo
Conditions and Diseases
Ear, Nose and Throat
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Ear, Nose and Throat: Vestibular Disorders: Vertigo
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Balance Disorders
American Hearing Research Foundation: Destructive Treatments of Vertigo
- Article describing treatments for vertigo designed to deaden the inner ear, in particular gentamicin injections and surgical treatments.
American Hearing Research Foundation: Medical Treatment of Vertigo
- Article discussing vestibular suppressant and antiemetic drugs, and other new and unproven treatments.
American Hearing Research Foundation: Post Traumatic Vertigo
- Learn more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of this particular type of disorder.
B.C. Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society
- Support group offering information and support for persons with vestibular disorders. Provides information about meetings and other resources.
- Vestibular disorder blog which includes helpful resources, links to articles and research, patient experiences and tips for living with these conditions.
- Provides an explanation of the balance mechanism and gives information on the various conditions that cause imbalance.
Better Health: Dizziness and Vertigo
- Fact sheet on these conditions, their symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Cawthorne Cooksey Vestibular Rehabilitation Exercises
- Includes professionally prepared exercises which help retrain the brain to recover from vestibular disorders.
Coping with Dizziness
- Resource for patients with vestibular disorders.
Dizziness, Imbalance and Hearing Disorders
- Provides a number of articles on dizziness or vertigo caused by inner ear problems, neurological problems and low blood pressure, and on treatments.
- Online community for sufferers of vertigo, imbalance and dizziness. Features discussion forums and chatroom.
- Provides information on the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of this condition.
- Provides information about vestibular balance disorders including their symptoms and causes and how they are evaluated and treated.
- Encyclopedia article on this problem, its definition, possible causes, home care and when to contact a medical practitioner.
MedlinePlus: Vertigo-associated Disorders
- Encyclopedia article on the various causes of dizziness, the symptoms, tests and treatment.
NHS Choices: Vertigo
- Provides details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Vertigo is Dizziness
- An explanation of vertigo, dizziness, and labyrinthitis.
Wikipedia: Vestibular Neuronitis
- Encyclopedia article on this condition which may cause a single attack of vertigo or a persistent condition which diminishes over a period of weeks.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 11, 2014 at 7:35:06 UTC -