become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ear/Tinnitus
Conditions and Diseases
Ear, Nose and Throat
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Ear, Nose and Throat: Ear: Tinnitus
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Ear, Nose and Throat: Ear: Meniere's Disease
This category in other languages:
Alliance Tinnitus and Hearing Center
- Provides information about the condition and its treatment, including self-help advice for sufferers, advice on therapies to avoid, and links to online support forums.
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association: Tinnitus
- Brochure. Includes questions and answers about this disorder.
American Tinnitus Association
- A non-profit organization working to improve the resources, information, and assistance available to sufferers of tinnitus. Efforts include funding tinnitus research, producing and distributing educational materials for both patients and healthcare professionals, and promoting hearing protection programs.
Better Health Channel: Tinnitus Explained
- Fact sheet on this condition, its causes and treatments that may help.
- Concise factsheet explaining the causes, symptoms and treatment of this disorder, available for downloading in Adobe acrobat format.
eMedicine Health: Tinnitus
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of tinnitus.
The Head and Neck Center: Tinnitus
- Article on this disorder, its causes and management.
- Information including articles and a short video, remedies and products for the treatment and relief of tinnitus.
Holistic Online: Tinnitus
- Provides symptoms, causes, and treatments. Presents conventional and alternative approaches.
International Tinnitus Journal
- Twice annual peer-reviewed journal of basic and clinical research reports and reviews on this condition. Includes subscription information, advice for contributors, index of past issues, and abstracts from most recent issue.
- Information about tinnitus for patients and doctors, including diagnosis, therapy and brain mapping.
- Specializes in the assessment and treatment of this condition in Australia, New Zealand and several locations in the United States.
NHS Choices: Tinnitus
- Provides a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
That Buzzing Sound
- Article by Jerome Groopman from the New Yorker on the mystery of tinnitus.
Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Center
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia. Information about this disorder and the center.
Tinnitus and Ear Noise
- Provides information about the condition and its treatment, including self-help advice for sufferers, advice on therapies to try and steps to take to avoid ear damage.
The Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Site
- Central link point internationally for complete information on tinnitus, tinnitus retraining therapy, hyperacusis therapy. Links to thorough scientific studies on this subject.
- Reference source for those desiring quantitative information about clinically-significant tinnitus.
Tinnitus Association of Victoria (TAV)
- Voluntary, non-profit organization that has been helping people with tinnitus for over 20 years. Provides information on the condition and its management. Holds bimonthly seminars for sufferers.
Tinnitus Research Update
- Factsheet outlining the areas currently being researched with information on treatments and recent research findings. [PDF]
- Provides information on this condition and similar inner ear disorders, and the treatments that may alleviate the symptoms.
University of Maryland: Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Program
- Provides information on this program to evaluate and treat tinnitus and hyperacusis using tinnitus retraining therapy.
The Virtual Sound Company
- Provides a free tinnitus masking CD / MP3 download.
Usenet alt.support.tinnitus -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2014 at 7:54:11 UTC -