become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ear/Otitis_Media
Conditions and Diseases
Ear, Nose and Throat
Bupa: Glue Ear
- Provides information on this build-up of fluid in the middle ear, its symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Bupa: Middle Ear Infection in Children
- Factsheet on this condition, its causes, diagnosis and treatment.
CLAPA: Grommets or Hearing Aids?
- Provides information on glue ear and the treatment options.
Deafness Research UK: Communication Tips for Helping a Child with Glue Ear
- Provides advice for parents, carers and teachers on communicating better with a child whose hearing is affected by glue ear. [PDF]
eMedicine: Otitis Media
- Provides an overview of this condition, its pathophysiology, clinical signs, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Fluid in the Middle Ear: A Guide for Parents
- Outlines the main kinds of ear infections found in children and explains when it is necessary to use antibiotics.
Great Ormond Street Hospital: Treatment of Glue Ear with Grommets and T-tubes
- Provides an information sheet on glue ear, how it can be treated using grommets and T-tubes and what to expect when a child has the treatment.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary: Chronic Otitis Media
- Provides information on ear infections.
Neurotology Research Centre: Otitis Media and Otitis Externa
- Timothy C. Hain MD provides definitions of these conditions, their diagnosis, treatment and possible complications.
NHS Choices: Glue Ear
- Information on this condition including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, risks and treatment.
NHS Choices: Otitis Media
- Provides information on this build-up of fluid in the middle ear. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Otitis Media: Clinical Trial
- Randomised, double blind trial of amoxicillin versus placebo for acute otitis media in children aged under 2 years. Results showed that the use of antibiotics was largely ineffective.
Otolaryngology on Line: Acute Otitis Media
- Dr T Balasubramanian describes this condition, its pathophysiology, clinical features and management.
Otovent: Glue Ear Symptoms and Treatment
- Describes how the ear works, what glue ear is, its psychological effects, the symptoms, causes and diagnosis, and surgical and non-surgical treatments.
Patient UK: Glue Ear
- Provides information on this condition, its causes, symptoms and treatment.
University of Maryland Medical Center: Otitis Media
- Factsheet on this condition including information on a number of different treatment approaches.
Wikipedia: Otitis Media
- Article on this middle ear infection including its classification, signs and symptoms, causes, progression, diagnosis and treatment.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 22, 2014 at 10:54:06 UTC -