become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ear,_Nose_and_Throat/Ear
Conditions and Diseases
Ear, Nose and Throat
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Ear, Nose and Throat: Ear
Ear Infection, Children
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Hearing
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Hearing
Health: Professions: Audiology
Health: Senses: Hearing
Science: Technology: Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
Shopping: Health: Disabilities: Assistive Technology: Hearing
Society: Disabled: News and Media: Magazines and E-zines: Hearing Impairments
Society: Disabled: Service Animals: Dogs: Hearing
Society: Issues: Environment: Noise Pollution
American Academy of Otolaryngology: Ears
- Provides fact sheets on a large number of conditions that can affect the ear, their symptoms and treatment.
Cedars Sinai: Microtia
- Provides information on this rare ear disorder, a deformity acquired while a baby is developing in the womb.
Delaware Biotechnology Institute: Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome (SCDS)
- Several animations showing the path of sound transit in this condition.
- Information about hearing impairment, various conditions, and the use of hearing aids. Aimed at family doctors.
NIDCD: Vestibular Schwannoma (Acoustic Neuroma) and Neurofibromatosis
- Provides information on this benign tumor that develops on the balance and hearing nerves supplying the inner ear, its symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
National Center for Emergency Medicine Informatics: Foreign Body in Ear
- Discussion of methods of removal.
Otolaryngology on Line: Anatomy of External Auditory Canal
- Dr T Balasubramanian describes the embryological development of the ear canal, its anatomy and histology.
Otolaryngology on Line: Otology
- Dr. T. Balasubramanian provides an educational site for medical students covering many of the conditions affecting the ear.
Otolaryngology on Line: Physiology of External Auditory Canal
- Article by Dr T Balasubramanian explaining the auditory and non-auditory functions of the ear canal, its secretions, the cerumen produced, its self-cleaning function and epithelial migration.
- Forum and support group for people suffering from the rare ear condition Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome. Includes links to related resources.
eMedicine Health - Ear Pain, Scuba Diving
- Presents the risks and treatments for scuba induced ear problems.
eMedicine Health - Foreign Body, Ear
- Consumer health resource center providing the symptoms and treatment of this common problem.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:12:17 AM EDT -