become an editor
the entire directory
only in Liver/Transplant
Conditions and Diseases
Digestive System Disorders
Health: Medicine: Surgery: Transplant
European Liver Transplant Registry
- (ELTR) summarizes the results of about 40,000 liver transplantations in 35,000 patients from 120 centers of 20 countries.
- eMedicine article discusses types of transplant surgeries, how patient need is determined, and types of donors. Includes exams and tests, self-care at home, medications, and when to seek medical care.
- Mayo Clinic article discusses the process from determining need through post-transplant treatment. Includes waiting for a donor organ and preparing for the surgery.
Liver Transplant Support Online
- Information, chats, and message boards for pre- and post-transplant patients. Includes news, medications and research, concerns, jokes, poems, and journals.
- Describes the transplant process, and provides a link to the most current list of free publications available from the National Institutes of Health.
New Zealand Liver Transplant Recipients Website
- Provides information, personal experiences and contact people for all recipients, care givers and interested people. Donors, fact sheets and The Liver are three sections.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 11, 2013 at 6:54:03 UTC -