become an editor
the entire directory
only in Craniofacial_Anomalies/Stickler's_Syndrome
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Congenital Anomalies: Craniofacial Anomalies: Stickler's Syndrome
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Rare Disorders
Genetics Home Reference: Stickler Syndrome
- Stickler syndrome is a group of hereditary conditions characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, eye abnormalities, hearing loss and joint problems. Describes the condition and discusses how it is inherited.
Mayo Clinic: Stickler Syndrome
- Provides an overview of this rare inherited disorder including symptoms, causes, risk factors, complications and treatment.
Medic8: Stickler Syndrome
- Article describing this syndrome and providing information on the defective genes involved in the production of type II and type XI collagen.
National Organization for Rare Disorders: Stickler Syndrome
- NORD provides information on this genetic disorder and the genes concerned. Includes links to organizations.
OMIM: Stickler Syndrome Type 2
- Abstracts from various studies on the beaded vitreous type of this syndrome.
OMIM: Stickler Syndrome, Type 1
- Abstracts from various research studies on the membranous vitreous type of this syndrome.
Seattle Children's Hospital: Stickler Syndrome
- Provides an overview of this genetic disorder of connective tissue, the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- Article by Wendy Hughes, founder of the Stickler Syndrome Support Group, about her experience of this condition which remained undiagnosed until she was 40. [PDF]
- V. I. Scotland provides information on this condition, concentrating on how it affects vision.
Wikipedia: Stickler Syndrome
- Encyclopedia article on this condition, the types, causes, symptoms, genetics, treatment and epidemiology.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 17, 2012 at 12:00:00 UTC -