become an editor
the entire directory
only in Congenital_Anomalies/Craniofacial_Anomalies
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Congenital Anomalies: Craniofacial Anomalies
Cleft Lip and Palate
Pierre Robin Syndrome
Treacher Collins Syndrome
Health: Support Groups: Conditions and Diseases: Facial Differences
- Article by Sandy Keefe, MSN, RN on the transformation to children's lives that can occur following reconstructive surgery to correct facial deformities. [PDF]
CCDD: Craniofacial Development Information Resource
- Provides general and in-depth information about the embryonic, fetal and postnatal development of the skull with interactive images.
Children's Hospital Boston: Craniofacial Anomalies
- Provides information on the diverse group of deformities that can affect the growth of the head and facial bones, their causes, types and treatment.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles: Hope for Kids
- Describes the work of the reconstructive team in the Division of Plastic Surgery. Includes information for patients and their families, and for healthcare professionals.
Craniofacial Foundation of America
- The CFA is a non-profit organization that supports the work of the Tennessee Craniofacial Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Includes news, some patient stories and information on volunteering, donating and events.
eMedicine: Waardenburg Syndrome
- Article on this genetic disorder characterized by varying degrees of deafness, minor defects in structures arising from the neural crest and pigmentation anomalies. Includes pathophysiology, frequency, clinical signs, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
- Provides information on microtia, hearing restoration, cleft lip and palate, facial palsy and hemifacial microsomia.
Little Baby Face Foundation
- Charitable organization that helps children from around the world with facial deformities, arranging for them to have reconstructive surgery.
Merck Manual: Craniofacial Abnormalities
- This online medical manual describes the common craniofacial syndromes including cleft palate and lip, small mandible deformities, agenesis of the jaw and congenital ear malformations.
The National Craniofacial Association: Saethre-Chotzen Syndrome
- Factsheet on this rare condition charaterized by the premature closure of one or more of the sutures between the bones of the skull.
Patient UK: Pierre Robin Syndrome
- Article on this condition which is usually characterized by small or retracted mandibles, a cleft palate and large tongue. Includes epidemiology, presentation, diagnosis, management and prognosis.
Seattle Children's Hospital: Craniofacial (Hemifacial) Microsomia
- Provides information on this condition characterized by small or underdeveloped parts of the face. Includes an overview, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Original paper by P. J. Waardenburg describing the syndrome named after him, characterized by developmental anomalies of the eyelids, eyebrows and noseroot with pigmentary anomalies of the iris and head hair and congenital deafness.
WHO: International Collaborative Research on Craniofacial Anomalies
- Project to establish an international network to encourage research into craniofacial anomalies including their genetic base, hereditary and environmental interactions, prevention and treatment.
Wikipedia: Saethre-Chotzen Syndrome
- Encyclopedia article on this rare congenital disorder characterised by premature closure of sutures between the bones of the skull and resulting in facial asymmetry, small ears and syndactyly of the fingers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 4, 2014 at 9:35:05 UTC -