become an editor
the entire directory
only in Language_and_Speech/Spasmodic_Dysphonia
Conditions and Diseases
Language and Speech
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Language and Speech: Spasmodic Dysphonia
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Movement Disorders: Dystonia
ASHA: Spasmodic Dysphonia
- A consumer-oriented SD primer, focusing on the characteristics, diagnosis, and treatment of the condition. Published by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Dextromethorphan to Treat Patients with Voice Spasms
- A Maryland-based clinical study comparing the effects of dextromethorphan, lorazepam, and placebo in individuals with spasmodic dysphonia, muscular tension dysphonia, or vocal tremor. Background and participation details are offered by the National Library of Medicine's ClinicalTrials.gov site.
Dystonia Ireland: Spasmodic Dysphonia
- A primer on SD, presented by Dystonia Ireland -- a Dublin- based charity supporting patients and families affected by forms of dystonia.
eMedicine - Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Peer-reviewed article on the medical and surgical management of SD, co-authored by Darius Bliznikas, MD and Soly Baredes, MD.
National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association
- Resources for patients and professionals, including multimedia demonstrations of SD, descriptions of available therapies, information on a financial-assistance program for patients who require Botox, and listings for dystonia specialists, support groups, and upcoming events.
Neurological Concomitants in Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Review of neurological conditions that may accompany Spasmodic Dysphonia, with background information on the differential diagnosis and treatment of SD. Authored by Lyn Dee Harrelson of New Mexico State University's Communication Disorders Program.
New York Eye & Ear Infirmary: Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Fact sheets dedicated to SD and its treatment, accompanied by pointers to research reports and information concerning a related clinical trial that is being conducted at the Infirmary.
NORD: Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Abstracted version of a report from National Organization for Rare Disorders database. Features include a general description of SD, listings for support organizations, a link to information on the Botox assistance program administered by NORD, and an opportunity to purchase the full-text report.
Spasmodic Dysphonia Bulletin Board
- Moderated forum for SD patients and their families. Provided by the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association.
UNC Spasmodic Dysphonia/Botox Clinic
- Information concerning the diagnosis and treatment of spasmodic dysphonia at the University of North Carolina's specialized clinic.
Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center: Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Overview describing the three types of SD. Includes a video of Linda's story.
The Voice Doctor
- Alternative therapy for voice disorders based on a psychological interpretation of the condition.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 17, 2013 at 6:35:09 UTC -