become an editor
the entire directory
only in Deafness/Personal_Pages
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Resources: Personal Pages
Society: Disabled: Personal Pages
Bionic Ear Blog
- A deaf woman's adventures, as well as deaf-related news and information.
Cochlear Awareness Network: Members Personal Stories
- Provides a large number of stories of how people became deaf and what was done to try to help.
A Deaf Mom Shares Her World
- Covers deaf, hard of hearing and parenting topics.
Deafness Research UK: Case Studies
- This charity for deaf and hard of hearing provides an archive of stories from individuals on how their hearing loss has affected their lives.
Eh? What? Huh?
- A hard of hearing woman presents some of her random thoughts, personal experiences, found news and stories related to hearing loss.
Grant W Laird Jr.
- Photo album, family tree, and links to information on deafness.
I Love Ellie
- Personal story by the parent of a deaf child. Includes how the ear works, development checklists, and opinion of the cochlear implant.
- Kathlyn is the founder of Empowerment Through Hearing and here describes her experiences with hearing loss.
- An account of how Pat Carter experienced the onset of hearing loss at 35 and was completely deaf by the age of 52.
Linda's Helps for the Hard of Hearing
- This site is about my adult-onset deafness, my cochlear implant, and has some teaching tools for helping people communicate effectively with the hard of hearing.
- Information about the book "Rebuilt: How Becoming Part Computer Made Me More Human" and its author, the recipient of a cochlear impant.
- Millie’s hearing started deteriorating when she was a child and she explains in a short video how she coped.
- Deaf attorney in Louisville, Kentucky. A resume with links and published articles on the ADA, links pages for deafness related website, links for disability related websites, links for government and legal websites.
- Blog by a deaf teenager.
- Provides an account of a family's journey to cochlear implants with their profoundly deaf son.
- Susan is a community mental health nurse helping deaf people with mental illnesses. She explains how it has affected her life and her work.
Thrilled to Finally Hear Again
- Report from the Beaver County Times on the successful implantation of an experimental device for those with sensorineural hearing loss.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2014 at 8:45:10 UTC -