become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/North_America
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Hearing: Deafness: Organizations: North America
Regional: North America: Health
American Deafness and Rehabilitation Association
- A membership based nonprofit association made up of professionals and interested persons promoting and participating in support services and rehabilitation delivery.
American Society for Deaf Children
- A national, independent non-profit organization whose purpose is providing support, encouragement, and information to families raising children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Deaf Native Americans
- Links to resource organization for deaf Native Americans.
Deafness Research Foundation
- America's only voluntary health organization committed to curing and preventing all forms of hearing loss, and making lifelong hearing health a national priority.
Empowerment through Hearing
- Not-for-profit public service organization aiming to increase awareness of the alarming rise of hearing loss in the US, especially among young people.
Hard of Hearing Advocates
- Describes non-profit foundation dedicated to helping those with hearing loss; includes education article links and statistics.
Hearing Loss Association of America
- HLAA provides assistance and resources for people and their families to learn how to adjust to living with hearing loss. Includes information on membership, support and advocacy.
National Association of the Deaf
- NAD is a non-profit organization designed to empower Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals. This site covers much of what the NAD believes in as well as opportunity to become a member. Members have their own section with weekly articles and other perks.
NTID Counseling Services
- Assists students enrolled in the College of NTID at RIT. The National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) is the world's largest technical college for deaf students.
Rights of Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Provides information on the impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on people with hearing loss.
South-east Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Information about the agency who serves and advocates on behalf of those with hearing problems in south-eastern New Brunswick. Includes details about the programs, services, equipment and contact.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 17, 2013 at 6:45:06 UTC -