become an editor
the entire directory
only in Deafblindness/Usher_Syndrome
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Deafblindness
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Eye Disorders: Retina: Retinitis Pigmentosa
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Rare Disorders
- An in-depth article by Mary Guest, Head of Usher Services at Sense. Includes a detailed description of Usher syndrome, the symptoms, genetics, transmission, associated problems and what can be done.
Boys Town National Research Hospital: Usher Syndrome
- Provides information on types 1, 2 and 3 of this condition, retinitis pigmentosa, hearing loss, balance, gene studies, and other conditions which may have similar symptoms.
National Institutes of Health: Usher Syndrome
- Provides information including a description of the condition, resources, how to join a NIH clinical study, and funding opportunities for researchers studying the condition.
NIDCD: Usher Syndrome
- Factsheet on this condition that affects both hearing and vision, its causes, characteristics and treatment.
Patient UK: Usher Syndrome
- Provides information on this genetic defect causing retinitis pigmentosa and congenital deafness and often vestibular dysfunction. Includes classification, presentation, differential diagnosis and management.
Deaf woman’s shock as she hears for first time
- The BBC reports on a video of the moment a 39-year-old woman heard for the first time, thanks to cochlear implants. (March 28, 2014)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 28, 2014 at 13:54:30 UTC -