become an editor
the entire directory
only in Deafblindness/Usher_Syndrome
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Deafblindness
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Eye Disorders: Retina: Retinitis Pigmentosa
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Rare Disorders
- An in-depth article by Mary Guest, Head of Usher Services at Sense. Includes a detailed description of Usher syndrome, the symptoms, genetics, transmission, associated problems and what can be done.
Boys Town National Research Hospital: Usher Syndrome
- Provides information on types 1, 2 and 3 of this condition, retinitis pigmentosa, hearing loss, balance, gene studies, and other conditions which may have similar symptoms.
National Institutes of Health: Usher Syndrome
- Provides information including a description of the condition, resources, how to join a NIH clinical study, and funding opportunities for researchers studying the condition.
NIDCD: Usher Syndrome
- Factsheet on this condition that affects both hearing and vision, its causes, characteristics and treatment.
Patient UK: Usher Syndrome
- Provides information on this genetic defect causing retinitis pigmentosa and congenital deafness and often vestibular dysfunction. Includes classification, presentation, differential diagnosis and management.
Losing your sight as a deaf person
- The BBC reports on deaf people who then become blind. (June 15, 2015)
Deaf woman’s shock as she hears for first time
- The BBC reports on a video of the moment a 39-year-old woman heard for the first time, thanks to cochlear implants. (March 28, 2014)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 15, 2015 at 10:20:36 UTC -