become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chronic_Illness/Pediatric
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Child Health: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Mental Health: Grief, Loss and Bereavement: Children's Grief
Bandaides and Blackboards
- Supports kids, teenagers and adults who are dealing with having a medical problem. Advice about teasing, what to expect in a hospital, poetry, and shared stories.
The Child With a Long-Term Illness
- AACAP Facts For Families describes the risk for developing associated emotional problems as the child must must cope with a disease that is here to stay and may even get worse.
Children and Grief
- Discusses how children handle grief and loss and which signs indicate they have difficulty coping (AACAP Facts For Families).
Dealing With a Health Condition
- Explains teenagers how to cope, to take control, deal with others.
What is a Chronic Illness?
- Explains to children what their ill friend or relative experiences and what they can do themselves.
Youth in Transition
- Article on transitions in youth with chronic health disorders advises their caregivers in assisting to gradual independence and self-management.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 30, 2012 at 8:35:03 UTC -