become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Chronic_Illness
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Chronic Illness
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Congestive Heart Failure
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
This category in other languages:
Chronic Disease Prevention
- Overview by National Center (USA) offers statistics, state programs, risk surveillance and risk factors per state.
Chronic Disease: Forming Healthy Relationships
- Advice for doctors and health workers on treatment and support of chronic ill patients. [PDF]
- Journal providing a forum in which researchers from a wide range of disciplines, clinicians, policy makers, and people living with chronic illness come together to clarify the common principles underlying the experience and management of chronic illness. Has current and past issues.
Chronic Illness Alliance Inc.
- A representative body for Australian organizations. Promotes details of campaigns and activities, and offers news, articles and information.
Chronic Illness Coping
- Lists articles including lessons from Christopher Reeve, treatment of whole person, psychological control, and coping techniques.
Chronic Illness Tips
- A personal account of strategies for daily living.
Chronic Illness: Acceptance Is the First Step Toward Healing
- Short description of the day to day acceptance process.
Coping with Chronic Illness
- An academic paper discusses illness in terms of stages, with a description of each in terms of its relevance to patients.
Coping with Chronic Illness
- Offers links to patient information and publications by the National Institutes of Health.
A Day in a Life with Chronic Illness
- A personal account of daily events aims to promote better understanding.
Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness
- Handbook gives short, practical advice how to handle serious illness and dying.
Health Action Network
- A volunteer non-profit organization helping to rehabilitate people with chronic mental or physical illness into the community. Includes details of training and resources.
Health Issues Unmasked
- A weblog dedicated to exploring the issues behind the diagnoses, the statistics, and behind the headlines on chronic illness, health policy, and complementary and alternative medicine. By a journalist, Jacqueline L. Jones.
Household Management Questions for Others with Chronic Illness
- Practical advice on adjusting expectations, cleaning, time management and recommended books. Short thread in The New Homemaker.
Improving Chronic Illness Care
- Research and resources, including a model to promote interaction between patient and care givers. Essential elements are the community, self-management support, decision support and clinical information systems.
It's Your Life
- E-book on chronic disease management available for free online reading or download.
Learning to Cope with Chronic Illness
- Practical advice to patients and significant others.
Living with Chronic Illness
- Personal advice on making adjustments and maintaining hope.
Living with Chronic Illness and Disease
- Personal perspective on living with chronic disease. Articles cover getting through each day, relaxations, tips, work, stories.
Living with Long Term Illness
- Tips and ideas on dealing with a chronic condition in daily life. Personal site.
Managing Long Term Conditions (Chronic Disease Management)
- A National Primary and Care Trust Development Funds program aimed to produce personalized care plans involving all medical and associated disciplines. No longer updated, it still contains valuable information for health care professionals.
Next steps after your diagnosis: finding information and support
- Consumer health information for people with a disease or chronic condition on how to obtain reliable treatment information by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (USA).
Palliative Care Council of South Australia
- Resources to comfort, relieve pain and distress for people who are dying, and to support parents, families and friends in approaching death and healing grief.
Poem, Pain Management, Chronic Illness
- Poem about coping with pain using relaxation and imagery.
Preventing Chronic Disease: Public Health Research, Practice and Policy
- A peer-reviewed Journal by the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion in the United States. Contains essays, original research, special topics, case studies. Also available as PDF.
Preventing Disability in the Elderly With Chronic Disease
- Discusses outcome of patient self management program. Education and lifestyle changes improve health, preserve functions and reduce costs. Also in PDF (published in 2002).
Report of the Working Group on Long-Term Care
- US Department of Labor, Advisory Council Report to recommend policy changes and education on broad scope of findings.
Stanford Self-Management Programs
- Center develops, evaluates, and disseminates community-based, peer-led, programs for people with all kinds of chronic diseases. Part of School of Medicine, Stanford University, California.
Ten Steps for Coping with a Chronic Condition
- Harvard Health Publication Letter. Patient oriented advice.
Yoga For Chronic Illness
- Article explains how yoga helps to maintain and restore health by stretching and breathing.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:43:13 PM EDT -