become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vascular_Disorders/Thrombosis
Conditions and Diseases
Factor V Leiden
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Blood Disorders: Coagulation Disorders
Recreation: Travel: Preparation: Health
Shopping: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders
- Provides information about Economy Class Syndrome and offers DVT prevention tips for pilots and passengers, treatment information, research, and a review of how well various airlines inform their passengers of the risks of blood clots from air travel.
The Australasian Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Represents clinicians and scientists committed to promoting and fostering knowledge relating to haemostasis. Includes mission, meeting minutes, newsletters, membership information, members-only discussion board, and related links.
British Society for Haemostasis and Thrombosis
- Dedicated to the advancement of public education and the promotion of those branches of medical science concerned with haemostasis and thrombosis. Features history, membership information, bursaries, news, and meeting schedule.
eMedicine Health: Blood Clot in the Legs
- Provides information on causes, symptoms, and treatment of deep venous thrombosis.
eMedicine Health: Phlebitis
- Provides information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of phlebitis.
eMedicine Health: Pulmonary Embolism
- Provides information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of pulmonary embolism.
Investigators Against ThromboEmbolism (INATE)
- Information about the prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolism. Includes information for patients and a restricted area for registered health care providers only.
The National Alliance for Thrombosis and Thrombophilia (NATT)
- Includes organization background, events, and links to further information.
NHS Choices: Pulmonary Embolism
- Provides information on this blockage in one of the blood vessels in the lungs. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
NHS Choices: Thrombosis
- Provides details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Article by Craig Feied, MD, detailing the background, diagnosis, and treatment of pulmonary embolism.
- Information center for physicians and patients. Includes an overview, knowing the risk, current treatments, new approaches and resources.
Thrombosis Research Institute
- A multidisciplinary organization concerned with the interrelated problems of thrombosis and atherosclerosis. Provides articles for professionals and consumers.
- From Dr. P. C. Malone, offering research papers, articles, and DVT information.
The Whiteley Clinic
- Information about economy class syndrome and deep vein thrombosis (DVT) including precautions for air travel.
Yahoo! Groups: Thrombosis
- Discussion mailing list for sufferers of deep vein thromboses, pulmonary emboli, and other vascular disorders.
Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism
- Canadian Medical Association journal article describing how these blood clots are diagnosed. (January 21, 2003)
Coalition Formed to Raise Awareness of DVT
- Article describing the goals of the Council for Leadership on Thrombosis Awareness and Management. [Requires free registration] (February 21, 2002)
Medical Experts Unite to Raise Awareness of Risk, Threat of Blood Clots
- Council for Leadership on Thrombosis Awareness and Management formed to advance prevention and treatment of thrombosis. Includes disease description and council's education plans. (February 14, 2002)
Severe Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Air Travel
- Article from the New England Journal of Medicine. [Free registration required to read full article] (September 13, 2001)
Four Corners Online: Economy Class Syndrome
- Archive of a 2001 discussion prompted by a young British woman's death following a vacation in Australia. (July 17, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 22, 2015 at 0:56:04 UTC -