become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cardiovascular_Disorders/Hypertension
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Hypertension
Antihypertensive Drugs and Medications
Low Sodium Recipes
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease: Prevention
This category in other languages:
Advanced Patient Education: High Blood Pressure
- Free indepth, up-to-date, detailed patient information. Information written on a medical student level, but written in a manner that is accessible to the non-medical reader.
- Discussion on signs and symptoms, diagnosing, treatment and life style modification for this condition. From the Merck Manual.
Blood Pressure Charts
- Website containing a blood pressure chart, plus information and advice on how to maintain a healthy blood pressure and lower high blood pressure.
Blood Pressure Monitoring at Home
- A note on different devices available, their advantages, how to use them, and preparing to take reading or monitoring blood pressure.
- Simple and direct facts about this killer disease written from the personal viewpoint of a sufferer.
The DASH Diet
- Learn about the DASH diet and the user-friendly book to make it easier to adopt the DASH diet and other lifestyle changes to reverse hypertension.
eMedicine Health: High Blood Pressure
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of hypertension and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
Guide to Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Patient-oriented guide from the National Institutes of Health.
- Information on symptoms, treatments, causes, tests and diagnostics, side-effects and complications, and self-care and considerations, and questions and answers by doctors
- Develops devices that are compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad and that allow users to take responsibility for their health.
National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Consumer Information on hypertension, causes, incidence, risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment, prognosis, complications, prevention and other resources.
Pediatric Oncall-High Blood Pressure in Children
- Hypertension in children; presented as common questions and answers
Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension (PIH)
- Report of the Canadian Hypertension Society Consensus Conference.
- Scholarly article on hypertension, classification,signs and symptoms, causes,diagnosis, prevention, treatment, complications, epidemiology, and history.
National High Blood Pressure Education Program
- From the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Links to teaching resources and publications. (August 24, 2011)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, June 9, 2013 10:05:27 PM EDT -