become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heart_Disease/Organizations
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease: Organizations
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Cardiology: Associations
Adult Congenital Heart Association
- Information about the organization for adults with congenital heart defects, their families and medical professionals. List of support groups plus email to find one in your area.
American Heart Association
- Information and education about heart and stroke disease.
British Heart Foundation
- Charity fighting heart and circulatory disease. The BHF funds research, education and life-saving equipment and helps heart patients. Publications may be downloaded in PDF format.
Camp Del Corazon
- A non-profit corporation providing a summer camp for children with heart disease or a history of heart disease, held on catalina island.
Canadian Adult Congenital Heart Network
- Provides information for patients and physicians about the care of adults with congenital heart problems.
The Chad Foundation for Athletes and Artists
- Information about this non-profit organization, established to raise awareness of sudden death in young athletes.
The Curacao Heart Foundation
- Provides the local public with information on the heart and related topics. Contains news, publications, activities and links.
- Information about the free emergency first aid service provided by the Bombay Heart Brigade for any person who has suffered a heart attack.
European Heart Network
- Based in Brussels. An alliance of member organisations including heart foundations and other non-governmental heart health organisations committed to the prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in Europe.
Healthy Living Niagara
- Promotes heart health opportunities by educating individuals on the risk factors involved with cardiovascular disease.
Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Research, education and promotion of healthy life style. A-Z glossary. Also in French.
A Heart for Sports
- A nonprofit organization working to save young lives from sudden cardiac death, through early detection, increased public awareness and research. Screening for hypertrophic cardiomyopahty (HCM) and other cardiac abnormalities.
- Provides free cardiac pacemakers to needy patients around the world. Meet some of the patients, educational programs, contact information and how to make a donation.
Heartbeat Victoria Inc.
- An Australian voluntary organisation supporting and assisting heart patients, their families and friends.
Heartfelt Cardiac Projects
- Dedicated to saving lives from sudden cardiac death through early detection, education, and increased public awareness. Community service cardiac screenings offered to the general public. Read about the organization and what they do.
Helping Healing Hearts Inc.
- A non-profit organization for heart patients, currently based in Tennessee. Gives general information, upcoming events, and contact details.
The Hope Heart Institute
- Information about the organization, education and research.
Hungarian National Heart Foundation
- Aims to reduce cardiovascular diseases so that it is no longer the primary cause of death and a major factor of early disability in Hungary. Includes documents and further links. Site is also in Hungarian.
International EECP Therapists Association
- Information on this organization - EECP helps patients suffering from angina.
Israel Heart Society
- Information about this organisation.
The Larry King Cardiac Foundation
- An organization providing funding for heart bypass operations for individuals who due to limited means and inadequate insurance would be otherwise unable to receive bypass surgery. Ways in which one can help support.
National Heart Forum
- Information about the UK alliance of national organizations which is working to prevent coronary heart disease. Also contact details.
National Heart Foundation Australia
- A site for both professionals and community members from this charity whose mission it is to fight the premature death and disability caused by cardiovascular disease.
North Staffs Heart Committee
- This charity raises funds to provide equipment and facilities for research and treatment of heart disease in patients from North Staffordshire, UK.
- Charitable organization fighting heart disease in northwestern Ontario. Includes information about programs, events, and donation options.
Philippine Heart Association
- Provides information about the organization, its activities, and membership. Goals are to raise the standards of practice and ensure adequate treatment for all residents.
Texas Arrhythmia Institute
- Non-profit organization offering information and news about arrhythmia, sudden cardiac death, and related conditions to educate patients, care givers, and physicians.
World Heart Day
- A World Heart Federation initiative to increase awareness and prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 13, 2014 at 17:54:09 UTC -