become an editor
the entire directory
only in Management/Transplant
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Medicine: Surgery: Transplant
Health: Support Groups: Surgery: Transplantation
Heart Failure & Transplant at California Pacific Medical Center
- Programs for end-stage cardiac disease, artificial hearts and heart transplant.
Heart Transplantation at Columbia University Department of Surgery
- Information on heart disease and heart transplantation, immunology and how to be a proactive participant in one's health care.
HowStuffWorks: How Artificial Hearts Work
- Graphic narrative shows the self-contained AbioCor Implantable Replacement Heart, how it's implanted, and how it compares to the failed artificial hearts in the past.
MUSC Medical Center Heart Transplant Program
- About the program as well as patient education, heart failure management and a support group.
National Heart Center of Singapore
- A discussion about how a transplant is done, who might get one, how donors are found and life after a transplant.
Newsmaker Interview- Artificial Heart
- An interview by Sean Henahan with heart transplant authority Dr. Mehmet Oz on the state of the art of the artificial heart, including LVADs and the new Abiocor implant.
NHS Choices: Heart Transplant
- Provides information on this operation to replace a diseased heart with a healthy organ from a donor who has died. Includes information on preparation, how the transplant is performed, risks and recovery.
NHS Choices: Heart-Lung Transplant
- Provides information on this major surgical procedure. Includes information on why the operation may be necessary, how the transplant is performed, risks and recovery.
The Straight Story
- In depth look at heart transplants, from qualifying till after the surgery and going home and life after. Real-life stories and links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 27, 2012 at 4:52:24 UTC -