become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heart_Disease/Heart_Failure
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease: Cor Pulmonale
This category in other languages:
- Extensive database about heart failure, patient-run and patient-oriented. Message boards, chat, medications, surgeries, alternative and low sodium cooking are a few of the many topics discussed.
Cut to the Heart
- Includes a history of surgery, congestive heart failure and treatment, treatment techniques, images of troubled hearts, and a map.
Dr. Reid's Corner
- An article describing what congestive heart failure is.
eMedicine - Congestive Heart Failure and Pulmonary Edema
- Dr. Shamai Grossman offers a detailed clinical report on congestive heart failure and its most severe manifestation, pulmonary edema. Includes a section on emergency treatment.
- Description of heart failure, its causes, diagnosis, treatment and when to call a physician. Information from the AAFP.
Heart Failure Online
- Information as to what CHF is, how the heart works, living with CHF, as well as symptoms, tests and other related topics.
Heart Failure Society of America
- Free patient education materials. Education modules and current news.
- Explains what heart failure is, symptoms, what to watch for, evaluation, prognosis, medication other related issues.
- Details about congestive heart failure, explaining what it is, symptoms, treatment, how common and how serious it is.
- A mechanical device that helps the failing heart work more effectively. It is being used in a small group of patients with severe chronic congestive heart failure. Offers patient and physician information.
Living with Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- The author imposed a number of rules of life on himself and achieved a liveable health, after he was hospitalised in a critical condition.
Mayo Clinic: Congestive Heart Failure
- A description of the condition, its symptoms, causes, diagnosis, complications, treatment and prevention.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- A look at heart failure, exploring the causes, treatment, diagnosis and the general outlook.
Northern Arizona University
- A brief explanation of congestive heart failure with a very extensive listing of medications use to assist the patient.
- An article on what congestive heart failure is, causes, signs and symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment, activity, diet, possible complications and prognosis.
- Information on the cardiac chain of survival, treatment of sudden cardiac arrest and automatic external defibrillation.
Preventing Congestive Heart Failure
- American Academy of Family Physicians. An article by JAY N. COHN, M.D., University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota. (April 15, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 26, 2015 at 6:46:29 UTC -