become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heart_Disease/Heart_Failure
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease: Heart Failure
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease: Cor Pulmonale
This category in other languages:
- Extensive database about heart failure, patient-run and patient-oriented. Message boards, chat, medications, surgeries, alternative and low sodium cooking are a few of the many topics discussed.
At the Heart of Life Saving
- Information on the cardiac chain of survival, treatment of sudden cardiac arrest and automatic external defibrillation.
Congestive Heart Failure
- The CHF team goes into detail about what this disorder is. Includes topics such as symptoms, medications, rest, activity, salt intake, diet, fluid management and weight gain.
Cut to the Heart
- Includes a history of surgery, congestive heart failure and treatment, treatment techniques, images of troubled hearts, and a map.
Dr. Reid's Corner
- An article describing what congestive heart failure is.
eMedicine - Congestive Heart Failure and Pulmonary Edema
- Dr. Shamai Grossman offers a detailed clinical report on congestive heart failure and its most severe manifestation, pulmonary edema. Includes a section on emergency treatment.
Healing Arts Center
- Details of congestive heart failure as well as a list of therapies that are available such as homeopathy and herbs.
- Description of heart failure, its causes, diagnosis, treatment and when to call a physician. Information from the AAFP.
Heart Failure Online
- Information as to what CHF is, how the heart works, living with CHF, as well as symptoms, tests and other related topics.
Heart Failure Society of America
- Free patient education materials. Education modules and current news.
- Explains what heart failure is, symptoms, what to watch for, evaluation, prognosis, medication other related issues.
- Details about congestive heart failure, explaining what it is, symptoms, treatment, how common and how serious it is.
- A mechanical device that helps the failing heart work more effectively. It is being used in a small group of patients with severe chronic congestive heart failure. Offers patient and physician information.
Living with Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- The author imposed a number of rules of life on himself and achieved a liveable health, after he was hospitalised in a critical condition.
Mayo Clinic: Congestive Heart Failure
- A description of the condition, its symptoms, causes, diagnosis, complications, treatment and prevention.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- A look at heart failure, exploring the causes, treatment, diagnosis and the general outlook.
Northern Arizona University
- A brief explanation of congestive heart failure with a very extensive listing of medications use to assist the patient.
- An article on what congestive heart failure is, causes, signs and symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment, activity, diet, possible complications and prognosis.
Preventing Congestive Heart Failure
- American Academy of Family Physicians. An article by JAY N. COHN, M.D., University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota. (April 15, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:35:09 AM EST -