become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heart_Disease/Endocarditis
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial
- Ernest G. Brookfield, M.D.(pediatrics) discusses this disease, what it is and what the causes are, complications, symptoms, tests and prevention.
Diagnosis and Management of Infective Endocarditis and Its Complications
- American Heart Association Scientific Statement.
- A look at endocarditis, explaining what it is, who should take antibiotics for dental and certain other procedures, and cardiac conditions associated with the risk.
- Looks at this disease and gives the definition, causes, incidents and risk factor. Also covers culture-negative and infective endocarditis.
The Merck Manual
- A look at endocarditis, the symptoms and signs, diagnosing, prognosis, prophylaxis, treatment, valve surgery, and response to treatment.
NHS Choices: Endocarditis
- Provides information on this rare but serious condition where the inner lining of the heart becomes inflamed. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- The Merck Manual: A look at the symptoms, signs, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
- An explanation along with discussion on symptoms, causes and treatments and complications for endocarditis.
Preventing Bacterial Endocarditis: American Heart Association Guidelines - February 1, 1998 - American Family Physician
- An explanation of what this disease is and who is at risk. Also detailed guidelines for the procedures requiring antibiotic prophylaxis and the dosage and type required.
- Details covered are what endocarditis is, signs and symptoms, risk factors, prevention, diagnosing and treatment, activity, complications and prognosis.
The University of New South Wales
- Image of bacterial infection on mitral valve. Click on the image and get a further explanation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 13, 2011 at 18:58:46 UTC -