become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heart_Disease/Cardiomyopathy
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Chronic Illness
This category in other languages:
Broken Heart Syndrome: Acute Stress Cardiomyopathy
- About this condition in which intense emotional or physical stress can cause rapid and severe heart muscle weakness. Includes information about Johns Hopkins University's case registry for use in researching ASC.
- Provides information and support to families affected by the heart muscle disease cardiomyopathy.
Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy Research Project
- Offers information about the project for patients, families and health professionals. Oregon Health Sciences University.
Fox's Medical Page
- A site describing a young woman's struggle with cardiomyopathy. She has a left ventricular assist device, and is waiting for a heart transplant. Site has links to educational sites on heart failure, assist devices, organ donation, and recipes.
Gilead: The Israeli Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association
- A detailed outline of what the association is and is trying to accomplish. Also the story of Gilead Har'El.
- Answers questions such as what is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, how common is it, how does it develop, symptoms, physical exam, and is there a cure.
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association
- Membership information is discussed as well as in-depth discussion on this disorder. Some topics are, how common it is, symptoms, diagnosing, cures and research.
Living With Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- A personal story about this disorder covering exercise and rest, diet and weight, medicines, self control and mental attitude.
The Merck Manual
- A look at dilated (congestive), hypertophic, and restrictive cardiomyopathies, discussing the symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of each.
Montgomery Heart Foundation for Cardiomyopathy
- Provides private funding to support genetic research for familial cardiomyopathy and raise awareness of the disease to help promote the advancement of a cure. Includes the story of the Montgomery family.
- Describes this disorder including symptoms, risk factors, diagnosing, tests, treatment and prognosis.
- Explains what cardiomyopathy is, signs and symptoms, risk factors, prevention, diagnoses and treatment, medication, activity, diet, possible complications, and prognosis.
- Describes the use of enzymes and amino acids to treat the condition, and presents research results and personal experiences.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2015 at 4:37:19 UTC -