become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heart_Disease/Arrhythmia
Conditions and Diseases
Long QT Syndrome
This category in other languages:
Advice from Dr. Dave and Dr. Dee
- An explanation of premature atrial contractions and premature ventricular contractions.
- Explained in lay mans terms what arrhythmias are, with suggested herbs and vitamins.
American Heart Association
- An arrhythmia is an irregular heartbeat. Find out more about the symptoms and treatments of this condition. For patients and professionals.
- Group of individuals, patient groups, charities, and medical professionals aimong to raise awareness and promote treatment. Includes medical information and FAQ.
The Canadian Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes (SADS) Foundation
- Established in 1995, the only patient advocacy group in Canada dedicated to supporting families affected by inherited cardiac rhythm disorders.
Doctors' Medical Library
- Discussion about arrhythmias including nutritional medicine, chelation therapy and homeopathy.
Family Practice Notebook: Arrhythmias in Athletes
- Non-cardiac causes, types, worrisome symptoms and worrisome signs (red flags) are some topics discussed.
Guidelines for Implantation of Cardiac Pacemakers and Antiarrhythmia Devices
- A Report of the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Committee on Pacemaker Implantation.
- In-depth detail about this disorder including symptoms, what types, causes, what patient can do, as well as pacemakers, atrial fibrillaion and ventricular arrhythmias.
London Health Sciences Centre
- A list of doctors who provide arrhythmia services, locations and phone numbers. General information as to who may seek their help, diagnostic tools, therapeutic services and training program.
- Presents a detailed discussion on this disorder, giving complete definition, what a normal heart beat is, symptoms, causes, as well as all the different types of arrhythmias.
NHS Choices: Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Provides information on this condition which features episodes of abnormally fast heart rate. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
NYU Langone Medical Center
- Information about arrhythmias including the causes, various types of arrhythmias, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Describes terms, doctors' explanations, and what exactly a palpitation is.
- A non-profit organization providing information on the disease.
SADS UK : The Ashley Jolly SAD Trust
- Voluntary organization raising awareness about heart conditions in young people. Provides support to patients and families.
St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center's Arrhythmia Service
- QandAs, electrophysiology information, news, diagnostic procedures, therapeutic procedures and an explanation is presented.
Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome
- Information for the family and relatives of a young person who has died.
SupraVentricularTachycardia Support Group
- SVT or Supra Ventricular Tachycardia is a disorder where the heart starts to beat very hard and very fast for no apparent reason.
UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center
- Official site for center, offering information on the disease and how to become a patient.
Vanderbilt Medical Center
- Discussion of four types of arrhythmias and brief look at management in children.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 3, 2016 at 2:23:41 UTC -