become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cancer/Prevention
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention
The American Institute For Cancer Research
- Fosters research on diet and prevention, and offers educational services. Located in Washington DC.
The Cancer Project
- Promotes prevention and survival through nutrition education and research. Located in the District of Columbia.
- Australian national campaign aimed at reducing cervical cancer. Includes policy papers, explanation of the Pap test, and information for professionals.
Division of Cancer Prevention
- The U.S. National Cancer Institute presents information for researchers and the public. Includes lifestyle advice as well as details of trials and health promotion events.
- Australian program for reducing the incidence of skin cancer due to sun exposure. Includes details of campaigns and research, as well as information on sunburn and protection.
Your Disease Risk
- Interactive site to estimate the risk of cancer. Offers personalized tips for better health.
2005 Pulitzer: At 32, a Decision: Is Cancer Small Enough to Ignore?
- Archive of Wall Street Journal Amy Dockser Marcus article about a young man discovering he had tested positive for small traces of slow growing cancer in the prostate. Set off the debate that "Everyone has cancer growing somewhere in their body." (December 20, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2016 at 19:54:10 UTC -