become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oceania/Australia
Conditions and Diseases
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Regional: Oceania: Health
Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- Non-profit headquartered in Sydney and aimed at curing these diseases through the fostering of scientific inquiry. Offers general information, as well as notice on its donation and grant processes.
Breast Cancer Institute of Australia
- Supports clinical trials research that identifies safe and effective treatments for breast cancer and prevention strategies for all women. Includes information on campaigns and events, research and a photo gallery.
- A national government agency working to reduce the impact of cancer on all Australians. Provides information on the disease, research and clinical trials, consumer support and fundraising.
The Cancer Council Australia
- National non-government cancer control organisation with the aim of facilitating prevention, research, support, and care.
The Cancer Information and Support Society
- An educational organization promoting prevention, self-help and freedom of choice in therapies for cancer and other degenerative diseases. Presents details on issues, options and support avenues.
Children's Cancer Institute Australia
- Dedicated to research into the causes, prevention, better treatments and ultimately a cure for childhood cancer. Provides a profile and information on research, events calendar and latest news.
Cure Cancer Australia Foundation
- Supporting cancer research and provides seed funding to researchers. Offers information on how to donate, commercial sponsorship, research, events and bequests.
Jewish Breast Cancer Support Group
- Originally a breast cancer support group, they now offer assistance to Jewish ladies with all forms of cancer.Profile, calendar of events and resources.
- Dedicated to the care of patients and families living with leukaemias, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders. Information on support, research and details of how to help.
Look Good...Feel Better
- A free community service program in all states which helps women manage the appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Includes practical tips and details of workshops.
My Parents Cancer
- Provides young Australians with information when their parents, friends or families are diagnosed as having cancer. Presents medical jargon, links, explains what will happen and offers support.
Myeloma Foundation of Australia
- Information and support those living with the disease and education for practitioners involved in care and treatment. Offers an overview and mission statement, medical facts, details of state divisions and videos.
National Breast And Ovarian Cancer Centre
- Australia’s national authority and source of evidence-based information on breast and ovarian cancer. Presents information on the disease, news, events, library and campaigns.
National Breast Cancer Foundation
- The leading community-funded organisation in Australia raising money for research into the prevention, detection and treatment of breast cancer. Details of research, donations, sponsorship and events.
- The National Breast and Ovarian Cancer Centre (NBOCC) of Australia providing information about breast cancer and ovarian cancer for women with breast and ovarian cancer health professionals and well women.
Ovarian Cancer Australia
- A not-for-profit national organisation that provides support and advocacy for people affected by ovarian cancer. Presents an overview, patients corner, events and awareness.
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- National body working to reduce the impact of prostate cancer on the Australian men, their partners and families, and the community. Includes medical information, support groups, events and research grants.
The Sydney Neuro-Oncology Group
- A charitable organisation which aims to improve the management of brain tumours through a coordinated group of doctors making critical decisions. Features information on research, support, fundraising and resources.
- Helps women with the after-effects of breast cancer surgery and treatment, helping to restore strength, mobility,flexibility and confidence.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 11:24:05 UTC -