become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gastrointestinal/Colorectal
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Gastrointestinal: Colorectal
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Digestive System Disorders: Intestinal
This category in other languages:
About.com: Colon Cancer
- Gives overview information and offers links.
ACOR: Colorectal Cancer Discussion List
- Archives and mailing list support and resource group for this disease.
ASCRS: Colorectal Cancer
- From the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Presents information risk factors, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
Bowel Cancer Research UK
- Charity of The Royal London Hospital offers insight into bowel disease research, news, education and the possibility of online donation.
Cancer News: Laparoscopic Surgery for Colon Cancer
- Presents a discussion of the procedure.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Colorectal Screening
- The Screen for Life campaign promotes regular procedures for those 50 years and older.
El Salvador Atlas of Gastrointestinal Video Endoscopy
- Case reports of colon cancer with associated visual clips of the pathology.
eMedicine Health: Colon Cancer
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of the condition and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
General Practice Notebook: Colorectal Cancer
- Clinically-oriented information.
Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Pictures and movies on how these procedures are performed.
Mayo Clinic: Colorectal Cancer
- Gives information about causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and coping strategies.
MedlinePlus: Colorectal Cancer
- Provides resource links to diagnosis/symptoms, treatment and prevention/screening.
National Cancer Institute: Genetics of Colorectal Cancer
- Detailed information including information about specific genes and family cancer syndromes. Also contains information about screening for colorectal cancer and research aimed at prevention of this disease.
NCI: Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Resource of the U.S. National Cancer Institute addresses screening, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and clinical trials.
NHS Choices: Bowel Cancer
- Provides a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and screening.
NYU: Virtual Colonoscopy
- Use of an imaging technique for screening at the New York University School of Medicine.
Paul's Story: Bowel Cancer
- Paul describes his diagnosis of familial adenomatous polyposis and how it impacted on his famly. He felt frustrated at the lack of readily available information on the condition and built an informational and support website himself.
Role of Virtual Colonoscopy in Screening for Colorectal Cancer
- Authored by Tatiana C. Rocha, M.D. and Matthew A. Barish, M.D. CancerNews article reviews the subject.
Testimony on Medicare Colon Cancer Prevention Efforts
- Presentation to the Senate Special Committee on Aging discussing Medicare's efforts to increase awareness and screening for colon cancer. (March 06, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2013 at 8:54:09 UTC -