become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gastrointestinal/Colorectal
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Digestive System Disorders: Intestinal
This category in other languages:
About.com: Colon Cancer
- Gives overview information and offers links.
ACOR: Colorectal Cancer Discussion List
- Archives and mailing list support and resource group for this disease.
Cancer News: Laparoscopic Surgery for Colon Cancer
- Presents a discussion of the procedure.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Colorectal Screening
- The Screen for Life campaign promotes regular procedures for those 50 years and older.
eMedicine Health: Colon Cancer
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of the condition and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
General Practice Notebook: Colorectal Cancer
- Clinically-oriented information.
Mayo Clinic: Colon Cancer
- Gives information about causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and coping strategies.
MedlinePlus: Colorectal Cancer
- Provides resource links to diagnosis/symptoms, treatment and prevention/screening.
National Cancer Institute: Genetics of Colorectal Cancer
- Detailed information including information about specific genes and family cancer syndromes. Also contains information about screening for colorectal cancer and research aimed at prevention of this disease.
NCI: Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Resource of the U.S. National Cancer Institute addresses screening, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and clinical trials.
NHS Choices: Bowel Cancer
- Provides a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and screening.
NYU: Virtual Colonoscopy
- Use of an imaging technique for screening at the New York University School of Medicine.
Role of Virtual Colonoscopy in Screening for Colorectal Cancer
- Authored by Tatiana C. Rocha, M.D. and Matthew A. Barish, M.D. CancerNews article reviews the subject.
Testimony on Medicare Colon Cancer Prevention Efforts
- Presentation to the Senate Special Committee on Aging discussing Medicare's efforts to increase awareness and screening for colon cancer. (March 06, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2016 at 15:15:06 UTC -