become an editor
the entire directory
only in Endocrine/Thyroid
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Endocrine: Thyroid
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Endocrine Disorders: Thyroid
This category in other languages:
Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma
- March 2004 review, aimed at professionals. Includes treatment recommendations. [PDF]
Butterfly Thyroid Cancer Trust
- Patient-led organisation offering information, support, and encouragement to people in the UK affected by this disease.
Cancer Research UK: Thyroid Cancer
- Factsheet including symptoms and causes, tests, treatment, living with thyroid cancer and current research.
EndocrineWeb: Thyroid Cancer
- An introduction to the different types of cancer, nodules, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
Light of Life Foundation
- Offers support and programs to help educate patients, families, and doctors about thyroid cancer and how to beat it.
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center - Thyroid Cancer
- Presents research, symptoms, treatments, and clinical trials. Includes news, a support group and message board.
MedicineNet: Thyroid Cancer
- Discusses the different types, causes, detection, diagnosis and treatment.
National Cancer Institute: Thyroid Cancer
- Explores treatment options, prevention, screening, clinical trials, statistics and research.
NHS Choices: Thyroid Cancer
- Provides information on the thyroid gland and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
OncoLink: Thyroid Cancer
- From the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center. Explains risk factors, process of diagnosis (including staging systems), and treatment options. Features continuing medical education resources for physicians.
Santa Monica Thyroid Diagnostic Center
- Thyroid cancer physician specialist, and ultrasonographer. Find patient sources and weblog.
ThyCa: The Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc.
- Contains facts about all types of thyroid cancer and their treatments. Features a support network and a low iodine cookbook.
Cincinnati study of Chernobyl residents uncovers new cause of thyroid cancer
- Article describing gene mutation discovered in papillary thyroid carcinomas that developed in Chernobyl residents. (January 03, 2005)
Chernobyl Study Reveals First Direct Evidence That Risk Of Thyroid Cancer Rises With Increasing Radiation Dose
- Press release about first study to document dose-relationship between radiation and incidence of thyroid cancer. (September 02, 2004)
55 year-old Man with a Rapidly Enlarging Thyroid Mass
- Abstract of article describing a case of columnar cell variant of thyroid cancer. Includes photographs. (April 30, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2012 at 12:35:04 UTC -