the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Cancer
Conditions and Diseases
Brain and CNS
Head and Neck
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Oncology
Kids and Teens: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
Recreation: Camps: Special Needs: Cancer
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Cancer
Society: Philanthropy: Free Donations: Cancer
This category in other languages:
- Provides an orientation to help motivated patients begin to actively engage their disease and their health care team.
National Cancer Institute
- Credible, current cancer information from the U.S. National Cancer Institute.
- Presents general overview information on many of the main kinds of tumors. Includes news, doctor search, glossary and access to support hotlines.
- American Cancer Society presents an array of related statistics.
AllExperts Oncology Q&A
- Directory of cancer experts volunteering to answer both general and disease-specific questions.
Associatiion of Online Cancer Resources
- Features information, treatments, links, and provides online community support for a wide range of different types of cancer.
Cancer Advice UK
- Advice and information about diagnosis and treatment issues. Includes leaflets, book suggestions, links and support groups.
Cancer Leadership Council
- A patient-centered forum of national advocacy organizations addressing public policy issues.
The Cancer Letter
- Periodical which supplies news and current information about the state of research and treatment.
- An online 'zine for patients and professionals.
- Gives general information including a discussion of treatment options on a range of tumors. Provides links and a directory of resources.
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer provides access to reports and databases on occurrence and characteristics.
The Cancer Supportive Care Programs
- Book excerpts covering such topics as psychosocial issues, support, nutrition, pain control and spirituality.
- Patient information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Includes cancer types, treatments, survivorship, advocacy, resources, podcasts, and news.
- Disseminates educational programming in a multimedia electronic clips format. Requires registration for complete access.
- Articles and links pertaining to many related topics.
- Scott Hamilton’s chemotherapy site offers general treatment information for cancer patients.
- Provides educational information on therapy for cancer patients, including chemo side-effects. Sponsored by the Amgen firm.
Cytogenetics and Cancer
- Blog by Kok Siong, a researcher in the field of cancer cytogenetics.
Don't Say That Word
- Provides an online forum on cancer, information, personal stories, poetry and remembrance pages. Graphics-intensive.
eMedicine Health: What You Need to Know
- Consumer health resource center providing general information on cancer prevention, symptoms and treatment.
eMedicine Health: Cancer Symptoms
- Consumer health resource center providing information on common symptoms.
- Includes forum, audio and video interviews of patient experiences.
- Multimedia guide on the biology of cancer. Offers interviews with researchers, and animations on the underlying science.
- Medical information, articles and news covering a variety of tumors and related issues.
Ladies Home Journal: Cancer
- Links to articles about skin and breast tumors.
Macmillan Cancer Support
- Information and support from this UK organization which addresses many of the types of tumors. Includes access to online booklets and other resources.
- Presents information such as prevention and treatment side-effects. Also gives resources including links, articles and support groups.
Multinational Association Of Supportive Care In Cancer
- Research and education in all measures of care for patients with these diseases.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- NCCN is a not-for-profit alliance of centers that develops practice guidelines to help in making informed treatment decisions.
Nature: Cancer Update
- Service which provides access to news articles and reports about recent research activity. Registration required.
NCI Center for Cancer Research
- U.S. government resource which provides access to information for researchers and about collaborations. Aimed at the professional level.
- Provides access to articles and links that are oncology related.
On Top of Cancer
- Links-based guide to Internet resource.
- Includes information including news, prevention, clinical trials, conferences and psychosocial support from the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center.
Oncology Interactive Education Series
- Commercial audio-visual educational resources for patients.
- Gives overview information on oral chemotherapy aimed for patients and families. Sponsored by the Roche pharmaceutical firm.
- Web-based resource that presents information on a number of the less common cancers.
Topix: Cancer News
- Headline news and content on related issues.
Untangling the Web
- Provides access to disability resources including those needed for cancer care support.
USnews.com: Best Cancer Hospitals
- Ranking by the magazine of the fifty top cancer hospitals in the United States.
- Consumer health site which includes information for the newly diagnosed, as well as for those coping with chemotherapy.
- An open-publishing wiki portal for those interested in this topic. Available for viewing or editing.
World Oncology Network
- Directory of cancer specialists and hematologists.
- A resource for all cancer related information including, news, video, doctors, hospitals, treatment, and breakthroughs.
BBC News: Cancer the Facts
- A guide to several types of tumors and their treatments including audio from experts, survivors' stories and news archives. (March 17, 2000)
- Latest articles from the Cancer GuideSite. [RSS]
Cancer/Oncology News From Medical News Today
- Press releases and news articles about research findings and treatments. [RSS]
Usenet alt.support.cancer -
Usenet sci.med.diseases.cancer -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 8, 2015 at 7:05:04 UTC -