become an editor
the entire directory
only in Blood_Disorders/Sickle_Cell
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Blood Disorders: Sickle Cell
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Blood Disorders: Anemia
Kids and Teens: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Sickle Cell Anemia
This category in other languages:
The American Sickle Cell Anemia Association
- A non-profit organisation based in Cleveland Ohio whose objectives are to raise awareness of the condition. Features educational material, FAQs, support groups and a message board.
Living with Sickle Cell Disease
- Mike has sickle cell disease and talks about his varying experiences with the NHS and how he now helps train other sufferers to manage their own illness.
MedlinePlus: Sickle Cell Anemia
- Factsheet on this disease, its causes, symptoms, tests, treatment, outlook and possible complications.
Natural History of Sickle Cell Disease in India
- Lists and describes the contribution of Dr. Bimal Chandra Kar. Patient resources, papers and publications.
NHS Choices: Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Provides information on this inherited blood disorder. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and self help.
Sickle Cell Crisis
- Information from eMedicine on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
Sickle Cell Disease Association of America
- Education, advocacy and other initiatives which promote awareness and support for sickle cell programs and patients.
Sickle Cell Disease Forum
- A place where anyone dealing with sickle cell disease can submit articles, read articles, and /or respond to articles submitted by others
Sickle Cell Disease Review
- Promotes and disseminates research into the scientific, clinical and social aspects of this disorder. Literature review, bibliography, and general information on the disease.
Sickle Cell Disease: Practical Tips for Preventing a Sickle Cell Crisis
- Advice from FamilyDoctor.org.
Sickle Cell Society
- A UK-based charity which provides care and information. Research findings, pain management techniques, and teaching resources.
Smiles for Miles
- Factsheet on sickle cell anemia created by friends of Miles, a high school sophomore with the disease.
Tony’s Story: Living with Sickle Cell Disease
- A personal experience of this autosomal recessive condition.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:26:01 AM EDT -