become an editor
the entire directory
only in Child_Health/Information_and_Advice
Information and Advice
About Kids Health
- Provides parents, children and first tier health care providers with free, evidence-based information about everday health and comples medical conditions.
After The Injury
- From the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, helps parents and their children deal with recent trauma. Learn what to expect after a trauma and how to handle it both physically and mentally.
American Academy of Pediatrics: Children's Health Topics
- Information on developmental stages, safety, and advocacy for babies, children, teens, and adolescents.
- Free resource for new and expectant parents, with tips and information on getting pregnant as well as baby and toddler articles.
Backpack Safety America
- A comprehensive educational program to train the proper and biomechanically correct way to use backpacks. Includes a safety video and a list of doctors who will bring the program to participating schools.
Dot Com Children’s Foundation
- A cartoon character and her friends teach young people how to handle risky situations. Includes stories, mini-series, songs and videos, as well as teacher resources.
Encyclopedia of Children's Health
- Covers various medical conditions and pediatric disorders arranged in a logical hierarchy.
- Food and Drug Administration provides medicine cabinet information, vaccination facts, and other health concerns about children.
Focus on Kids Health
- A complete listing of all health information about kids and teens, including acne, AIDS awareness, allergies and asthma, attention deficit disorders and dyslexia.
Healthy Child Online
- A searchable library of articles and links covering vaccinations, ear infections, childhood illnesses, ADHD, and various other conditions, diseases and concerns.
- Dedicated to children’s health and wellness issues including current health topics, articles as well as a medical blog.
India Parenting: Child's Healthcare
- Part of a parenting portal, with information on childhood illnesses, diseases and other various medical conditions. Also provides information on first aid for fevers, colds, cuts and burns.
Kids Health Info for Parents
- Fact sheets on common conditions are available for browsing or downloading. Prepared and updated by the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement
- Experts at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center collaborate with communities and organizations to assist students, staff and families. Includes bereavement guidelines for schools, parent guide and template letters.
- Resources for parents with kids of all ages based on popular radio show The Parent Report. Includes articles, book excerpts and radio shows.
Parenting and Child Health
- Search the database for articles on the health and development of children and parenting advice.
Parents for Barefoot Children
- Promotes healthy barefoot activities for children. Provides medical research, literature and suggestions.
Safe Kids Worldwide
- A global network of organizations aiming to prevent accidental childhood injury. Provides details of programs and members, with video, news, and safety tips.
UNICEF: Facts for Life
- Presents practical, effective and low-cost ways to protect children's lives and health. Includes child development and early learning, nutrition and growth, immunization, hygiene, and injury prevention.
Virtual Pediatric Hospital
- A library of authoritative information for primary care providers and patients. Includes database of resources on illnesses.
Why Doctors Order Laboratory Tests
- Written for parents to help explain diagnostic procedures to their children.
Young and Healthy Online
- Guide for children's good health, incorporating advice from pediatricians in the community who are specifically trained in the prevention and treatment of illness in children.
Information and Advice
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2014 at 7:05:04 UTC -