become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal/Wildlife
Reptiles and Amphibians
Home: Gardening: Gardens: Wildlife
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife
Regional: Africa: Science and Environment: Wildlife
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species
Amphibian Malformation and Decline
- Information on this worldwide problem provided by the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.
Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre
- Its purpose is to apply the veterinary medical sciences to wildlife conservation and management in Canada.
- Factsheet about this rare viral disease that occurs mostly in monkeys in central and western Africa.
Center for Ecology and Conservation Biology: White-nose Syndrome
- Provides information on this devastating fungal disease of bats which first appeared in the US in the winter of 2006/2007.
Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)
- Information on this disease of the nervous system in deer and elk, provided by the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.
European Wildlife Disease Association
- Provides a forum for the exchange of information on wildlife diseases and their management through networking, collaborative research and training.
Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Project
- Provides information on this project, which focuses on the conservation of the endangered mountain gorillas of central Africa by providing them with veterinary care.
National Wildlife Health Center (NWHC)
- Provides wildlife health and disease investigative, research and training support to federal, state, local and international conservation agencies. Also maintains wildlife mortality and epizootic information and databases.
Office of Fish and Wildlife Health and Forensics
- Conducts investigations and research on diseases of captive and free-ranging fish and wildlife. It also performs tests and analyses of biological samples for law enforcement cases.
Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study (SCWDS)
- Providing high quality wildlife disease expertise to State and Federal Agencies responsible for wildlife and domestic livestock resources.
- Information on this bacterial disease transmitted by fleas and attempts at immunization in black-footed ferrets and prairie dogs, provided by the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.
USGS National Wildlife Health Center: White-Nose Syndrome
- Fungus disease of bats, first identified in October 2008, that is associated with the deaths of over 100,000 hibernating bats in the northeastern United States.
Veterinary Laboratories Agency: Diseases of Wildlife Scheme
- Operates regional laboratories in the UK and investigates new and emerging diseases.
West Nile Virus
- Information on this disease and its affect in wild bird and mammal populations, provided by the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.
- Synopsis of an ethnoveterinary book, available to purchase online, about how wild animals keep themselves well and what humans can learn from them.
Wildlife Disease Association
- Aims to gain knowledge about the health and diseases of wild animals in relation to their biology, conservation and interactions with human and domestic animals.
Wildlife Disease News Digest
- Brings together wildlife health-related news and journal articles from authoritative sources into a concise, easy-to-read format.
- Provides general information on the precautions to be taken when handling sick animals, and more specific information on a range of diseases.
Wildlife Diseases and Humans
- Information on zoonotic diseases that are a threat to human health and well-being in the United States.
Wildlife Diseases and Zoonotics
- Provides information and links to other organizations, providing both general information and details of specific diseases.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 1, 2014 at 7:45:06 UTC -