the entire directory
only in Animal/Veterinary_Medicine
Conditions and Diseases
Business: Healthcare: Animal Health
Health: Animal: Livestock
Health: Animal: Mammals: Equine
Health: Animal: Pets
Health: Animal: Pets: Emergency Services
Science: Agriculture: Animals
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Cancer
Shopping: Pets: Supplies: Health
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare
This category in other languages:
Animal Drugs @ FDA
- A searchable database provided by the FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine.
- Animal science, animal production, and veterinary medicine community. Literature search, news, reviews, and a job service.
Antimicrobial Resistance Learning Site for Veterinary Students
- Teaching resource including information on pharmacology, microbiology, veterinary public health, dairy and beef cattle, equines and pets.
Belgian Veterinary Page
- Provides information on veterinary training in Belgium, the state of the veterinary profession, veterinary organizations and the history of the first veterinary school which was opened in 1836.
Case Studies in Small Animal Cardiovascular Medicine
- The site presents veterinary patients in a grand rounds format. The participant is asked to examine all of the relevant material and then to make a diagnosis and answer questions regarding the case. Follow-up information and a case discussion follows.
Center for Animal Health and Productivity
- Established to implement teaching, research and service programs directed toward the improvement of health and productivity in food animal herds and flocks.
Center for Veterinary Medicine
- The United States federal agency that regulates the manufacture and distribution of food additives and drugs that will be given to animals. Includes antimicrobial resistance information, topical index, and agency information.
- Online computer-assisted veterinary diagnosis tool. Enter signs or diagnosis in search box and get possible matches.
- Includes sections for veterinarians only, with e-mail lists, message boards, and client handouts. Also includes pet health information, and databases of veterinarians and veterinary supply companies.
FARAD - Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank
- Databank listing the withdrawal times for drugs used in food producing animals in the United States.
How to Get into Veterinary School
- A veterinary student provides tips on preparing, building, and enhancing applications to get into veterinary school. Also provides insights into the life of a veterinary student.
- Information resource for veterinarians. Includes diagnostic laboratory reports, medical and product information, electronic commerce and web pages for veterinarians. Free registration required.
Intute: Veterinary Medicine
- Gateway to a search of evaluated internet resources in animal health. Aimed at students, researchers, academics, and practitioners in animal health.
InView Veterinary Imaging
- Offers veterinarians telemedicine consultation and interpretation for digital radiographs, ultrasound, MRI and CT.
- Provides a teleradiology referring service for veterinarians to submit radiographs, CT and MR images, along with the symptoms and history of their patient. Images are interpreted by a veterinary radiologist board-certified with the ACVR.
Martindale's Health Science Guide: Veterinary Center
- Includes directory of veterinary science links.
The Merck Veterinary Manual
- An online reference for animal health information.
Museum of Veterinary Medicine
- Museum at Iwate University, Morioka, Japan. Provides a guide to the museum and its history and photographs of some of the exhibits.
- Provides a directory of veterinary clinics, reference articles for pet owners, and a complementary web site service for veterinarians.
National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Provides standardized examinations for use by state and provincial licensing boards as part of their procedure for licensing veterinarians. Provides details of examinations, addresses of licensing boards and a forum.
NetVet Veterinary Resources
- Large collection of veterinary medical and animal related internet resources.
Pet Home Health Agency
- Provides information on how pet owners can receive pet health services at home provided by licensed veterinary technicians. Also provides information for veterinarians interested in adding this service to their hospital or clinic.
Side Effects of Rimadyl
- Includes information on the use and possible side effects of Rimadyl, provided by the Senior Dogs Project.
Tails of Hope Foundation
- Not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the field of veterinary medicine and helping to eradicate cancer and other life-threatening diseases affecting companion animals.
Texas Cooperative Extension: Veterinary Medicine
- Provides information on livestock and herd health matters. Includes a list of publications, FAQs, a quarterly review and an events program.
UC Davis Dentistry and Oral Surgery Service
- Veterinary dentistry for veterinarians, students and pet owners. Provided by the School of Veterinary Medicine of the University of California at Davis.
The Undercover Vet
- Provides a behind-the-scenes look into the life of a vet with true stories and experiences.
USDA APHIS: Animal Health
- United States regulatory body charged with protecting, sustaining, and improving the health, quality, and productivity of U.S. livestock and poultry. Includes departments and programs.
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization
- Research institute at the University of Saskatchewan investigating the pathogenesis of infectious diseases and the development of effective therapeutic and prophylactic methods to control infectious diseases of humans and animals.
- Specialist recruitment and employment agency for the veterinary industry based in Western Canada.
- Portal for all veterinary practitioners. Includes professional news, forum, jobs, products, and training calendar. Based in the United Kingdom.
A Vet's Guide to Life
- Dr Chris Bern, DVM, provides a blog covering the life and experiences of a veterinarian, with a chance to "Ask The Vet".
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service offers information on the accreditation program which allows private veterinary practitioners to work cooperatively with Federal veterinarians and State animal health officials in connection with the export of animals.
- Informatics deals with the application of information science, engineering, and computer technology to support veterinary teaching, research and practice. Provides resources for both veterinary and medical computing applications and programs.
Veterinary Information Network - VIN
- Large online community for veterinarians. Includes vet finder, forums, membership information, consultants, and contact information. Must be a VIN member to access all of the site.
Veterinary Medicine Resources
- Veterinary medicine links, articles, chat, bulletin boards.
Veterinary Reproductive Pathology
- Dr Rob Foster of the Ontario Veterinary College provides photographs and notes showing normal and abnormal conditions in the reproductive systems of domestic animals and are designed to provide a reference source.
- Several journals of veterinary medicine with contents available on subscription as well as veterinary news, veterinary conferences and veterinary discussion boards.
- Portal for veterinary nurses and technicians. Includes professional news, forum, jobs, products and training resources. Based in the United Kingdom.
VetProf and VetPlus
- International e-mail list for professional veterinary discussion. Includes list charter, online subscription application form, archives, client information sheets, and FAQ.
- Provides multimedia peer-reviewed clinical information services and training tools about the veterinary treatment for dogs, cats, horses and rabbits.
- Provides advice and information on dog and cat health problems. Includes a profile of Dr Roger L. Welton, DVM, details of diseases, a symptom checker, ask-the-vet section and articles on breeds.
- Veterinary educational site which aims to supplement conventional teaching with online information and learning tools for the benefit of veterinary undergraduates and student veterinary nurses. The site is a collaborative initiative between the UK vet schools.
- Discussion group for veterinarian in food animal practices. Major interest is the Nipah Virus situation in Malaysia. Public health, food safety, and drug residue issues.
Yahoo! Groups: VetNet
- Bulletin board for interchange of veterinary ideas, opinions, techniques and information.
Your Own Vet
- Animal health and behavior blog by two vets from South Africa. Includes detailed articles about health and allows users to ask questions on veterinary matters and animal behavior.
About Veterinary Medicine
- Headlines from the About.com veterinary medicine GuideSite. [RSS]
Usenet alt.med.veterinary -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 13, 2014 at 23:20:37 UTC -