become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Laminitis
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Animal: Mammals: Equine: Conditions and Diseases: Laminitis
Animal Health Foundation
- Donates funds to major researchers in the field of laminitis. Also offers information to help owners prevent their horses from becoming victims of this painful, crippling disease.
Barbaro Injury Highlights Need for Laminitis Research Funding
- Discusses the severely debilitating disease that developed in the 2006 Kentucky Derby winner after suffering a devastating injury in the Preakness. Veterinarian emphasizes the need to develop reliable preventative and therapeutic measures. [PDF]
Equine Laminitis Research Unit
- Presentation by Professor Christopher Pollitt and his team at the University of Queensland.
- Eamonn Harrington is a practising farrier working in Kerry, Ireland. He provides a number of videos to show how he treats and cures horses suffering from laminitis and founder.
The Laminitis Clinic
- Advice in how to manage the horse to optimise his chances of a successful recovery.
Laminitis in Horses
- Causes and control of this disease affecting the equine foot.
- Laminitis is a malady affecting the horse's foot. There are many causes of laminitis.
The Laminitis Trust
- Registered charity dedicated to supporting research into this equine condition.
- Personal page on the management of owner's chronically laminitic ponies and research into the prevention of grass founder in horses.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 12, 2007 1:45:42 PM EST -